• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Marsh's recent run of form has been outstanding, but in a similiar vein to marnus i'm still curious what happens once he stops getting dropped. In the comeback hundred he got dropped twice, first time in the 20's or 30's from memory, and this summer the 3 time's he's passed 50 he's been dropped atleast once all 3 times.

Gob

International Coach
Marsh's recent run of form has been outstanding, but in a similiar vein to marnus i'm still curious what happens once he stops getting dropped. In the comeback hundred he got dropped twice, first time in the 20's or 30's from memory, and this summer the 3 time's he's passed 50 he's been dropped atleast once all 3 times.
He'll score less runs I think

Gob

International Coach
It's so on brand for him though. "You mean I don't have to wait for other people to get out before I get to bat? Sign me up!"
Yeah more I think about this Smith opening thing, more I feel he might actually put his hand up to do it for this exact reason. Go at the top and take the game on

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Can anyone confirm if Smith and Labuschagne have made it off the ground yet after getting out?
Smith is a couple of indifferent series' off becoming Abe Simpsons, yelling at clouds and blaming them for his dismissals. The wicket yesterday was a classic. Pakistan set the trap, he threw his hands at one on a length with his weight back (as he tends to do more and more now) and got caught. Not rocket science, but he seemed to want to take a sample of the wicket back with him to be forensic examined for lack of pace or having popped.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith is a couple of indifferent series' off becoming Abe Simpsons, yelling at clouds and blaming them for his dismissals. The wicket yesterday was a classic. Pakistan set the trap, he threw his hands at one on a length with his weight back (as he tends to do more and more now) and got caught. Not rocket science, but he seemed to want to take a sample of the wicket back with him to be forensic examined for lack of pace or having popped.
After blaming the wicket for about 90 seconds he started examining and cursing his bat on the walk back

It was the bat's fault, obviously

Skipper Pup

U19 Debutant
Smith is a weirdo, that sort of thing is exactly what's made him the greatest batsman of his generation.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The great thing about this smallish target is that there aren't realistically enough runs for Warner to make a ton.