• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Bangladesh 2023/24

Owzat

U19 Captain
oh dear, was going to say earlier that kiwis perhaps wish they had started this well in the 1st Test but now see 55/5 and that's not clever at all

still there's a bit of batting lower down on top of Mitchell so 100+ is 'on' !

ashley bach

International Captain
It's always fascinating when something infrequent in the game pops up. Here Mushfiqur becomes only the 8th player in the history of the game to be
dismissed obstructing the field. What is truly remarkable however, is that about half an hour before getting out he did almost exactly the same thing.
On this occasion however, the ball spun backwards and just went past Mushfiqur's off stump, but there he was having a swing at the ball with his hand.
The first time was bizarre and then to get out the second time makes it one of the most peculiar actions taken from a player ever seen.

Owzat

U19 Captain
just trying to remember who the two bowlers are, think it is Bangladesh, who average like 0.5 or 1.0 with bat and ain't particularly phenomenal as a bowler. (E Hossein? maybe one) *scoots off to try and find.

E Hossain is one, 3.13 with bat and 47.14 with ball, Khaled Ahmed may have been the other, 1.00 with bat and 54.86 with ball, although 20 and 12 Tests respectively

Aritro

International Regular
just trying to remember who the two bowlers are, think it is Bangladesh, who average like 0.5 or 1.0 with bat and ain't particularly phenomenal as a bowler. (E Hossein? maybe one) *scoots off to try and find.

E Hossain is one, 3.13 with bat and 47.14 with ball, Khaled Ahmed may have been the other, 1.00 with bat and 54.86 with ball, although 20 and 12 Tests respectively
If you've watched Ebadot lately, you'll note that he's discernably improved about 300% with the bat, and this is reflected in his improved average.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Didn't even realise they were playing today and I've been out all day. Finally seen the scorecard. I'm guessing this is not a good pitch rather than all batters suddenly having a bad day all at once.

Owzat

U19 Captain
If you've watched Ebadot lately, you'll note that he's discernably improved about 300% with the bat, and this is reflected in his improved average.
yeah, must be the one team and bowler (batting) I don't watch, well several, but hey ho. aka Eba-dot ball (when batting) to me

needs to improve his bowling is the underlying point of course, what you average with bat is less of an issue if you're a good bowler

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Latham and Nicholls are walking wickets & Conway continues to look cooked from too much cricket. That puts too much pressure on the likes of Kane and Mitchell. Hopefully NZ brings the fight today and contrives to get a decent total on the board.

Playing Australia at home this summer is not the desired scenario for Latham and Nicholls; ideally those two matches would have been against their preferred opponents, Sri Lanka. They will be no doubt be looking to fill their boots against that weakened South Africa team.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Oof that's an awful batting card.

Scant chance, but four failures here for Nicholls *should* bring Rachin into the team for the home summer.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Minor positives, but hopefully phillips gets a a score here. Bracewell's probavly got a higher ceiling as a bowler but phillips is just better as a cricketer.

Howsie

International Captain
Oof that's an awful batting card.

Scant chance, but four failures here for Nicholls *should* bring Rachin into the team for the home summer.
No chance, how many failures in a row did he have before last year before finally making a score? He could go duck, duck, duck, duck before the Australian series and he’s still making the team.

He’s just been recalled into the ODI team btw. Hasn’t made a score in that format for years but at 32 and a World Cup four years away he’s still a must have 🤨

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Good to see Clarkson and O’Rourke selected, Ashok too. Sears and Toole probably could’ve been thrown into the squad also though. Adam Milne at this point is a waste of time
On one hand, love the selections of Clarkson, Ashok and O'Rourke. But Nicholls? I guess his POTS in the Bangladesh ODI series means he's continued with. No Fletcher or Cleaver as backup keeper and middle order bats? Is Foxcroft captaining Otago more important?? McConchie also discarded??

Anyway, I'd go with:

1. Allen
2. Ravindra
3. Young
4. Chapman
5. Latham
6. Blundell+
7. Clarkson
8. Jamieson
9. Sodhi/Ashok
10. Duffy
11. O'Rourke

Would rather we move on from Latham after his abysmal world cup but the only other batting option is Nicholls and I'd rather not.

Agree with Howsie re: Milne as well.

However, I suspect they'll probably go with something like:

1. Young
2. Ravindra
3. Blundell
4. Nicholls
5. Latham+
6. Chapman
7. Clarkson
8. Jamieson
9. Milne
10. Sodhi