• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Bangladesh 2023/24

Aritro

International Regular
Mominul has a realistic shot at ending up as Bangladesh’s greatest ever batsman
Would have both Tamim and Mushfiq above him based on how they've both coped against high quality bowling - especially pace bowling - on difficult pitches vs how Mominul's gone. Tamim especially has given a far better account of himself in those circumstances.

Mominul also made a stack of tons at Chittagong on decks that were doctored to produce bore draws early on in his career. Which is why it was always funny to me how good his record looked, if you hadn't watched the actual matches. His main qualities are that he's got the application and concentration to make big scores when there's run on offer and he's adept at playing spin. Mushfiq has cashed in on a few of those pitches too to be fair.

Last edited:

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Yeah this is all very good but he was really, really **** for an extended period of time where he was an embarrassing liability and should have been banished. You're right he's finally made some runs recently though, so should reasonably be expected to cross 10. I'll have my faith in him restored if he makes a few more.
I think the problems Mominul faces is away from Bangladesh, I mean you just have to look at the disparity in Home and Away performances ..
At Home 2636 runs @ 49.74
Overseas Tests - 1192 runs @ 25.91

I mean he's a Home Track Bully. So there's no need to panic when you are playing tests at home.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Shanto has really been impressive aswell , and only 25 years old ..Big future for this lad seeing that he is already captain.

Frost

U19 Debutant
Fair to say Williamson is the Sangakkara of this era? Yes lots of two test series, filling boots against ‘lower-ranked’ teams, and some holes in the away stats, but also some very memorable knocks abroad, and top efforts in reasonably bowler-friendly conditions at home. Certainly a joy to watch when on song, and at the least earned his place in the conversation.
Tbh honest any 'holes' in his away record can also be put down to lack of opportunities(compared to others)

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
The biggest disappointment is that we thought we found the world class batsman in mominul when his average was around 50 ish for a fair bit of time and end up with 45 ish average in his career. A tier above Tamim and Mushfiq who both average around 40. Then he fell away. Captaincy took a toll on him too. Now I’d rank him below Mushfiq, tamim and shakib tier and don’t think its gonna change.

King Kane

International Debutant
Not a good session for us taking just 2 wickets and one of those was a lucky run out, Bangladesh are in the driver's seat now with the lead over 100.

Aritro

International Regular
We've had day 4-5 decks in BD in recent times you could make a ton on batting with a rolling pin. Really hard to say what a safe lead is here.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
BD spinners get more spin plus that Nayeem Hasan looks a right handfull , bowls off breaks and leg breaks and gets bounce due to his height ..He's the key in the 4th innings for me.