• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***THE FINAL- India vs Australia - November 19th - Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad (D/N)

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Most of us knew that the 2 best teams were India and Australia and that the most likely final would be between them. Even when Australia had lost first 2 games, I was still reasonably sure that Australia can go all the way.

So we had like 47 games to end up with the most obvious final. May have been better to have a GRAND 5 match ODI World/Championship Series to decide the best team between the two. Needlessly waited 6 weeks and 47 matches. :p

Athlai

Not Terrible
Most of us knew that the 2 best teams were India and Australia and that the most likely final would be between them. Even when Australia had lost first 2 games, I was still reasonably sure that Australia can go all the way.

So we had like 47 games to come to the most obvious final. May have been better to have a GRAND 5 match ODI World/Championship Series to decide the best team between the two. Needlessly waited 6 weeks and 47 matches. :p
Get ****ed

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can Australia afford to play someone as inconsistent as Adam Zampa or should they use Head and Maxwell as spinners and pick the unluckily dropped Marcus Stoinis which would add extra batting depth

SillyCowCorner1

So they played a series before the WC and now they are gonna be involved in the final.
No big deal.

Glorious uncertainties.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

So we had like 47 games to end up with the most obvious final. May have been better to have a GRAND 5 match ODI World/Championship Series to decide the best team between the two. Needlessly waited 6 weeks and 47 matches. :p
I'd like to stand and applaud this brave post.

SillyCowCorner1

Should we have a half-time show?

And why is the answer ‘yes’

Come on India, let’s get a Bollywood extravaganza!!!

ashley bach

International Captain

Yeah you're right, only India and Australia should've been playing in the tournament.
Then have a 15 match series, with the first team getting to 8 wins becoming the world champions.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
If you have any doubts about my claims, please check my posts from before and beginning of the WC, I have been right behind Australia doing well. The lineup is full of stars. They may be a bit inconsistent at times but too much talent to **** up.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
So they played a series before the WC and now they are gonna be involved in the final.
No big deal.

Glorious uncertainties.
That ODI series before the WC was such a funny event where both teams decided to rest, I mean, HIDE their key bowlers, knowing the likelihood..

Shri

Mr. Glass
1700173046462.png

top 30 odi bowlers of all time to have taken 120+ odi wickets sorted by strike rate

it is a list of 36 and 7 out of 36 will be playing the final

siraj's SR is 26.6 but he doesn't qualify for the list

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Mate this is just another walk in the park for Australia. Finals are just what they do.
Only India will be nervous TBH.

7 of the Australian starters have already won an ODI World Cup (2015).

Warner
Smith
Marsh
Maxwell
Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood

So I don't believe they would be under any big pressure or nerves like India. Plus they also won the WTC recently as well as a T20 World Cup in 2021.

India meanwhile have won ..... f all.

TheJediBrah

Everyone thought it would be between India, Australia and England. The rest probably shouldn't have bothered coming.

Surprise packet was South Africa being decent and England being terrible, those 2 basically swapped positions from expectations