• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Virat Kohli, the greatest ODI bat ever?

Is Virat Kohli the Greatest ODI bat of all Time

• Yes

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 21 52.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ma1978

International 12th Man
Viv is really in a league of his own in this format IMO.
I think he's the best, but I don't think hes in a league of his own. There are good arguments to be made for Tendulkar, Kohli, De Villiers. Bradman is in a league of his own.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
Plus despite Sachin’s SR being better, it’s never given him a benefit Kohli doesn’t have(look at how many times Kohli’s been involved in big improbable run chases).
Kohli and Rohit scored less than 25 runs in first 10 overs when the target was 340. ( vs England, last WC)

Sachin scored faster, because he was the only one capable to do that in 90s team.
Kohli instead of Sachin in 90s Indian team would have reduced India to a New Zealand of 90s.

HouHsiaoHsien

International 12th Man
Kohli and Rohit scored less than 25 runs in first 10 overs when the target was 340. ( vs England, last WC)

Sachin scored faster, because he was the only one capable to do that in 90s team.
Kohli instead of Sachin in 90s Indian team would have reduced India to a New Zealand of 90s.
You are just citing one rare chase Kohli didn’t master. There are so many others he did. This is just pure speculation.

HouHsiaoHsien

International 12th Man
What. That is terrible logic. Strike rate isn't only about run chases.
No I’m just giving an example to show how Kohli’s SR has never disadvantaged India, and despite having a lower SR/lower era adjusted SR than other ATG’s, he has accomplished more crazy run chases than them. And sure Sachin’s SR in hindsight could have accorded Ind advantages that Kohli’s SR can’t, but it is ludicrous to believe that the gaps in Sachin and Kohli’s century conversion ratios or their chasing abilities could be bridged through era adjustment. There’s too much of a gap there.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Richards is honestly the best.

Sachin, Virat and AB are in that tier too. I would probably go in that order. Also gotta account for Virat still playing.

Gob

International Coach
I think Richards is honestly the best.

Sachin, Virat and AB are in that tier too. I would probably go in that order. Also gotta account for Virat still playing.
Viv has 11 hundreds in 167 innings. I'd assume its considerably poor compared to other top tier guys (didn't check)

Different era obvs but he did bat top of the order

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
35-40 yrs old declining Sachin scored a 100 in every 6.5 matches.
And Odis got far easier for batting since then.

I don't know how Kohli is going to outclass a prime Sachin in tougher era of 90s.