• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #36 - Australia vs England - November 4th - Ahmedabad

Athlai

Not Terrible
Having India and South Africa stumble in the late pool games would really spice up the semi final mix. If Aus top order doesn't kick on they look a lot more beatable

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Having India and South Africa stumble in the late pool games would really spice up the semi final mix. If Aus top order doesn't kick on they look a lot more beatable
NZ are going to lose on DLS. They're very vulnerable now.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, I do feel Australia’s chances really lie with Head and Warner. Get them early as we did today and you’re in the game.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
It's not really about how many Australia get. It's about how quickly our batters surrender.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They will today. Bairstow is a wounded tiger along with others.
Did he wear a “cornered tiger” tee shirt to the toss, which we are regularly told on this forum is World Cup winning, inspirational man management and innovative captaincy like the cricket world has never seen before or since 1992?

Owzat

U19 Captain
Australia should bat the overs out. 280 is definitely defendable against a mentally fried English batting lineup.
I was just thinking they could probably bat the overs out at 4rpo, add just 20, and still have a defendable target

the average total batting first in this tournament may be 286 but boosted by four totals of 399+ , 271 if you disregard those as irrelevant

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
I was just thinking they could probably bat the overs out at 4rpo, add just 20, and still have a defendable target

the average total batting first in this tournament may be 286 but boosted by four totals of 399+ , 271 if you disregard those as irrelevant
What is England's average score batting second though?

Owzat

U19 Captain
It's not really about how many Australia get. It's about how quickly our batters surrender.
If Bairstow, Malan and/or Root don't get fifties or big fifties I don't fancy the chances of the 4-11 doing what they haven't all tournament, score a fifty, averaging 15 across the middle to lower order. they could in theory muster the runs by scoring lots of 20s - 40s, much may depend if they get off to a good start, if the aussies knock 1-2 over early then I doubt they'll bring on the weak bowling and let England off the hook

Andyhere

International 12th Man
If Bairstow, Malan and/or Root don't get fifties or big fifties I don't fancy the chances of the 4-11 doing what they haven't all tournament, score a fifty, averaging 15 across the middle to lower order. they could in theory muster the runs by scoring lots of 20s - 40s, much may depend if they get off to a good start, if the aussies knock 1-2 over early then I doubt they'll bring on the weak bowling and let England off the hook
They need to clean up the tail first before thinking about chasing. They could've been chasing around 260 instead they are leaking runs to the tail enders.