• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 12th Match (D/N) - India vs Pakistan - October 14th, Ahmedabad

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Not going to argue over semantics.

So according to you, majority of Aksai Chin was not Indian land that China invaded in 1962 in the China India war? 38,000 sq kms no less.

Map of Jammu and Kashmir-

View attachment 37016

And China has slowly acquired more territory in that region through their salami slicing tactics. And have made open claims that Arunachal Pradesh (a whole eastern state of India) belongs to them.

How would Australia feel if in 10 years China starts building artificial islands next to Australian borders? Whole of Australia will instantly become nationalist.

PS I am not calling out China itself, just the rulers of China for their blatant aggression all around the Indo-pacific region. Likewise I am not calling out Pakistan but certain governments.
Wtf are you even talking about?

When I said laughable I meant your entire proposition that India only got conquered by foreign powers because they were not nationalistic. Firstly assessing past through modern metric like nationalism is just plain wrong. Secondly India is not some special country in the regard that it was conquered by foreign powers. Almost all countries have been.
Thirdly the main reason it was conquered was not because the people were less nationalistic in the past but because of geography and difference in military technology. Central Asian nomads made a living on fighting wars and thus their military strategy were far superior to the rest of the world. Plus hind-kush offered a geogrpahic advantage to them invading India.

On your point concerning China, we really have a nationalistic government in power but China is still making inroads in India in places like Doklam and Galwan.

If you really think nationalism was a solution to all this then it would have been already solved.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree with things you have said but historically Indian kings were not unified, they didn't see eye to eye, they would fight one another and when invasions happened, they got outdone and even later during the yrs of suppression, it was Indians themselves allowing the rulers to suppress the masses. British for example were less than a 200,000 in number, yet they ruled 200 million people. It was the Indians themselves who had joined the British forces that helped the British empire maintain control and exert pain and misery to such a vast population. It wouldn't have been possible without the massive help of Indians working for British.

Being nationalist doesn't guarantee any success, it just means you won't be a traitor like Indians have been in the past! "No self-sabotage"

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
I agree with things you have said but historically Indian kings were not unified, they didn't see eye to eye, they would fight one another and when invasions happened, they got outdone and even later during the yrs of suppression, it was Indians themselves allowing the rulers to suppress the masses. British for example were less than a 200,000 in number, yet they ruled 200 million people. It was the Indians themselves who had joined the British forces that helped the British empire maintain control and exert pain and misery to such a vast population. It wouldn't have been possible without the massive help of Indians working for British.

Being nationalist doesn't guarantee any success, it just means you won't be a traitor like Indians have been in the past! "No self-sabotage"
You know i can write essay on why nationalism is ineffective and actually harmful in the long run.

But the main reason why i despise nationalism is that it's an European idea and being the xenophobe i'm these foreign concepts fill me with disgust.

PS - As with most bad things, nationalism is a British invention. God, these anglos really can't give us a break.