• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* World Test Championship Final at The Oval – June 7–11, 2023

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Shami is overrated af in England but he is still one of our top two right now with Bumrah out. Ashwin for Umesh and a bit of luck with those nicks and ****ing Jinks actually living upto the hype of being a gun gully fielder would have helped.

But honestly, compared to last WTC game, here we have just been thoroughly outplayed with the conditions having very little say and toss going our way. In a way it's easier to accept this loss.

The best we can hope for now is to get them for 450 today and match it when we bat and both will take herculean efforts.

EDIT - just realized I had typed "fun gully fielder" when I meant "gun gully fielder". :laugh: I am sure he is fun when fielding at gully.

Last edited:

ashley bach

International Captain
Rain forcast on last 3 days including June 12
70 % chances of rain.india have 10% chances to share trophy with Australia
India's chances of a draw are actually close to 40% atm. Imagine this ridiculous scenario unfolding...
Australia 625/8 declared.
India 225 and 170/9
Match drawn and WTC tied.
Not saying it's quite done yet but it's almost curtains for India winning from here.They should be embarking on a journey and mission to draw this game
with rain being their best friend.

It's great that we have something of a test championship, but they seriously need to look at a better way of completing the cycle.
To work your arse off for four years towards a one off shootout where rain can be the boss is like a comical joke.
No idea what the answer should be but can't see what's wrong with a timeless test if it's only once every four years.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Head does make the most of his ability, doesn't he? While I do generally think it's "just go out and have a hit before you get one with your name on it" is a cop out, batting at 5 allows him to come in when the conditions have eased up a bit and he can quickly turn things around, something which the intent reactionaries are hesitant to admit, I might add. :ph34r: Also, I don't think he's ridden his luck any more than Pujara ducking and weaving awkwardly to bouncers that fall 2 inches short of short leg.

TheJediBrah

Wondering how much the decision to bowl first was a positive one backing the bowlers to run through the Aussies or whether it was more of a negative one from Nohit to avoid the Aussie quicks in the morning

halba

International 12th Man
Head does make the most of his ability, doesn't he? While I do generally think it's "just go out and have a hit before you get one with your name on it" is a cop out, batting at 5 allows him to come in when the conditions have eased up a bit and he can quickly turn things around, something which the intent reactionaries are hesitant to admit, I might add. :ph34r: Also, I don't think he's ridden his luck any more than Pujara ducking and weaving awkwardly to bouncers that fall 2 inches short of short leg.
I think the decks are pretty flat. England also played on a similar flat deck vs Ireland. This is consistent with Stokes ordering fast and flat pitches for the ashes.

If this is the case expect some draws in the ashes, and bowlers to be rotated due to the heavy workloads on flat decks.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
It's great that we have something of a test championship, but they seriously need to look at a better way of completing the cycle.
To work your arse off for four years towards a one off shootout where rain can be the boss is like a comical joke.
No idea what the answer should be but can't see what's wrong with a timeless test if it's only once every four years.
Timeless test isn't an option imo. Apart from the logistical problems, it's like an entirely different format of the game that the players have never played.

The final needs to be a 3 test series.

TheJediBrah

Timeless test isn't an option imo. Apart from the logistical problems, it's like an entirely different format of the game that the players have never played.

The final needs to be a 3 test series.
Could potentially be just as many logistical problems trying to fit in a 3 test series than a timeless test, possibly even more, I would have thought

Really just need to make sure we have a result pitch, and avoid playing in an excessively wet, dank and depressing country

ashley bach

International Captain
Could potentially be just as many logistical problems trying to fit in a 3 test series than a timeless test, possibly even more, I would have thought

Really just need to make sure we have a result pitch, and avoid playing in an excessively wet, dank and depressing country
Yes this, but just not a 2.5 day result pitch.