• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Molehill

International Captain
I see that the red card has been rescinded.
Committee decided it should've been a yellow due to mitigating factors. I suspect that had that been the decision by the match officials, there would have been far less discussion about it afterwards.

Too often refs (in all sports) seem to be looking to hand out a red first rather than look for mitigating factors.

Molehill

International Captain
Btw, is there anything that could make people hate England even more than they do, than the expression on Steward's face here?

Rugby Union - BBC Sport (scroll down a little)

I still think it was a deliberate elbow to the head personally.
Weird take - twice. I like the fact Peyper cannot even look Steward in the eye as he shows him the red card.

Are you Brian o' Driscoll??

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
Weird take - twice. I like the fact Peyper cannot even look Steward in the eye as he shows him the red card.

Are you Brian o' Driscoll??
I did see that interview and that someone (I didn't notice who) was quoted as saying they thought it was deliberate. That resonated with my view. "Deliberate elbow to the head" might be a bit strong, but is seems clear to me that it's a decision to fend the man off with his elbow. To me it's intended in a split second impulse as a niggly bit of foul play that noone will probably notice (as I said before like a footballer trying to put himself about a bit e.g. Cristian Romero).
Regardless, the people whose views matter disagreed so....

Molehill

International Captain
I did see that interview and that someone (I didn't notice who) was quoted as saying they thought it was deliberate. That resonated with my view. "Deliberate elbow to the head" might be a bit strong, but is seems clear to me that it's a decision to fend the man off with his elbow. To me it's intended in a split second impulse as a niggly bit of foul play that noone will probably notice (as I said before like a footballer trying to put himself about a bit e.g. Cristian Romero).
Regardless, the people whose views matter disagreed so....
I totally see it as a player trying to pull out of a tackle and accidentally catching a guy's head with his elbow. I find it weird that anyone can see something deliberate in it, especially when you'd know you'd be sent off if it was deliberate.

How would no one notice? The Irish TV were always going to be all over anything like that to help ensure the grandslam.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, tonight's game was a lot of fun to watch for a neutral. I'm in Hamilton for a work trip, and I happen to be staying close to the stadium. I waded through a sea of Chiefs fans both before and after the game, and watched it in the Good George pub near the stadium. :thumbs_up

_Ed_

Massive performance by Moana Pasifika. Even though I'm a Blues fan, I'd love to see them hold on for these last few minutes.

Heboric

International Debutant
Congrats Stormers, this season in the URC is a prime example of everything going right for a team. Make the most of it

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Here's a really good podcast on the anguish and gnashing of teeth surrounding Kenya losing core status in the 7s curcuit

_Ed_

My confidence that the Blues could win tonight has lasted all of about three minutes...