• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Just checking .... touch is NOT impacted when playing friendlies ? is that correct? Thanks

on touch...

Does touch change daily or only after a competitive match?
How long after a competitive match is it until the impact takes effect OR
if it does change daily - when is that

Thank you
Touch does effect friendlies... (condition does not!). Touch changes daily, even if the effect is not seen within the integer numbers.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Touch does effect friendlies... (condition does not!). Touch changes daily, even if the effect is not seen within the integer numbers.
Thank Stephen that is helpful ... but is touch impacted by how you played in a match (which would seem logical) or is it just randomly generated without reference to how the player has been performing

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Thank Stephen that is helpful ... but is touch impacted by how you played in a match (which would seem logical) or is it just randomly generated without reference to how the player has been performing
As far as I know it just shifts up and down based on a slow random effect... hence how you can slowly loose touch or gain touch over a season. Except for erratic characteristic , which causes you to lose touch or gain touch much much faster.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
As far as I know it just shifts up and down based on a slow random effect... hence how you can slowly loose touch or gain touch over a season. Except for erratic characteristic , which causes you to lose touch or gain touch much much faster.
Thank you

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With Hlengwa in the sheds there's no doubt whatsoever!

Reckon it's bloody tough against that quality bowling I'm afraid.
On that... I don't necessarily understanding the calc behind the Expert Preview - as looking at the individual scores looks like a bigger disparity than 3k overall IMO.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's just the mean of the 7 values it seems, lol
Probably should have worked that out...

Feel like a situation like this where there's a 17k disparity between Top & Middle Order batting scores counts for a lot more than a situation where one side might be 8.5k better in each of Tail batting & Fielding