• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in South Africa 2022/23

Heboric

International Debutant
Changes for second test, Mulder, Maharaj, Harmer and Rickleton in
Proteas XI:

Aiden Markram, Dean Elgar, Tony de Zorzi, Temba Bavuma (captain), Ryan Rickelton, Heinrich Klaasen, Wiaan Mulder, Keshav Maharaj, Simon Harmer, Gerald Coetzee, Kagiso Rabada

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I don't envy Conrad's position , on one hand you want to play your best team every match , on the otherhand the lack of test matches means we are going to have some very frustrated guys on the bench if there is no rotation policy ..but damn if I'm Marco Jansen I'm pretty annoyed at warming the bench with that Test record . Asking Coetzee to share the new ball in just his second test is a bit risky .

Dendarii

International Debutant
Not surprised. Just did not think it would be Harmer...
I stand corrected, you did call it. :)

I'm getting more a squad building feeling.
That was my thought too. I can't help but wonder if this team had basically been decided at the start of the series as it means everyone will have been given a go and the players who only got one match are to some extent players who are known quantities at this level and some of those who have played have been well-served by playing in both, like the two debutants.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Would have been nice to see one of the Bosch brothers in Protea colors, young Eathan had a very good SA T20 league competition, George Linde definitely has enemies in CSA

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Rossouw should be a part of the ODI side aswell , one helluva player we are missing out on .
Yes and no, I think we've missed out on him but selecting him now serves no long term purpose. We have other just as talented batsmen not being selected that are younger and probably more hungry to play for SA.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Yes and no, I think we've missed out on him but selecting him now serves no long term purpose. We have other just as talented batsmen not being selected that are younger and probably more hungry to play for SA.
He's better than Reeza Hendricks whose the same age , with this being a WC year it wouldn't have hurt to try .

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
He's better than Reeza Hendricks whose the same age , with this being a WC year it wouldn't have hurt to try .
You assuming I think Reeza should be there. With or without Reeza the SA selection has effected all squads to such a point that the only hope is rebuilding. Trying to correct old mistakes but making new mistakes does not help the future.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
You assuming I think Reeza should be there. With or without Reeza the SA selection has effected all squads to such a point that the only hope is rebuilding. Trying to correct old mistakes but making new mistakes does not help the future.
I say pick the best players , have a mix between future prospects and gun players .