• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

CricketFan90s

U19 Captain
What i felt is that if we create an All Time XI it won't make sense untill they compete with a Great Team of their calibre. So created 2 ATG XI Teams. There has to be a Motivation to fight for both these Teams so segregated the Teams based on their Cultural Similarities.

1984 and 1986 West Indies crushed England and the term "Blackwash" was given to those Test Series. There has to be a Motivation to fight with each other.

People enjoy India-Pakistan Rivalry much more due to Political differences between the 2 Nations.

So without a strong reason to fight All Time XI Teams also cannot do their best just for the sake of money.

Last edited:

Socerer 01

International Captain
dude you’re just actively making it worse with your posts at this point. i believe you’re making them without understanding the context or significance of it but it ain’t a pretty look

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Man its not any offence be Broadminded. You accept when i divide players into 2 different Teams based on Political Boundaries (India and Pakistan) you cannot accept when i divide them based on Cultural Similarity ?
Mate, please, just let it go and talk about something else. Consider this an official moderator instruction.

If you can't divide players up on anything other than race then just don't do it at all. It's not compulsory.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Its the way you described them mate “British and Afro-Asian”. Plus actually talking about their race in the initial posts.

Shoulda just gone SENA vs RoW.

Also I and most of the forum iirc rate Hammond clearly ahead of Chappell.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Man its not any offence be Broadminded. You accept when i divide players into 2 different Teams based on Political differences (India and Pakistan) you cannot accept when i divide them based on Cultural Similarity ?
what cultural similarity.. scratch that what similarity exists between a bunch of islands on the one side of the globe and Asia other than a ****ing Iberian explorer naming them wrongly because he was clueless?

CricketFan90s

U19 Captain
Did i say any particular playeri
Mate, please, just let it go and talk about something else. Consider this an official moderator instruction.

If you can't divide players up on anything other than race then just don't do it at all. It's not compulsory.
I just made changes now anyway its not anything offensive. But if you find anything better criteria to divide players into 2 teams let me know.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Its the way you described them mate “British and Afro-Asian”. Plus actually talking about their race in the initial posts.

Shoulda just gone SENA vs RoW.

Also I and most of the forum iirc rate Hammond clearly ahead of Chappell.
putting the two African cricketers in the British XI on the basis of skin tone instead of Afro-Asian XI is kinda sus ngl