• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Actually, BCCI is one of the few boards (maybe the only one) who don't allow their players to play more than 1 U19 WC even if they are eligible. Washy could have played 2 given he was only 16 when he played with the Pant, Kishan batch.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Her and gosch have 150 international caps between them or something absurd like that and are playing in an u19 WC. It's mental.
Mitali Raj / Richa & other half Dozens starts early like E. Perry,

Currantly 7 or 8 women players ready for higher level cricket only 15 years old.we have u10/u12 & u14 teams active in League cricket Domestically

Howe_zat

Audio File
England's opening win over Zimbabawe seems unlikely to be topped for winning margin, after bowling the opposition out for 1/8 of the target.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
It took me a while to even know the T20 U19 woman's WC was happening... I normally really enjoy the U19 stuff. Nice to see who the upcoming youngsters are.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Dane van Niekerk dropped from SAf's next two series. Quite easy to read between the lines of the reasons given.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Wait Kim Garth is playing for Australia now?

Not sure I think much of that tbh, doesn't exactly send a great message to those who are actually homegrown Australian domestic players

EDIT: to clarify it's not that I don't rate her, she is a skilful bowler. Just the optics of it, it invites morons to say "aUsTrAlIa ArE pOaChInG pLaYeRs" even though that isn't what actually happened here

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
In the under 19s there is a second group stage where results are carried forward into the same groups.

So Bangladesh upsetting Australia in their opener could well keep the latter out of the semi-finals. India play Australia tomorrow.

1674210048397.png

Qualifying from the other group should be something of a formality for England and NZ whose NRR should see them through even in the event of an upset. Rwanda upset Zimbabwe to be the only regional qualifier to make it through the first group stage in what is, I'm guessing, their first world tournament at any level in any sport.

1674210227192.png

Howe_zat

Audio File
Rwanda have won another game! This time over the West Indies.

Mariee Jose Tumukunde took 4-8 as the latter collapsed, then was herself run out as Rwanda nervously cobbled together 40/6 before getting to the total. Video here, featuring absurd roundarm action.

In the other group Bangladesh's advantage over Australia evaporated as the former lost to South Africa, so the semis are unlikely to be anything other than the usual Aus-NZ-India-England as is the norm in women's cricket.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Strange start there by Darcie Brown - just two runs from an excellent first five balls of the game, but then she overstepped twice in a row and the second free hit went for a massive six.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, Knott and particularly Laura Harris are big signings for them - definitely makes up for losing Kerr, Devine and Green to the Ferns squad.

Laura Harris is ridiculous when she has her eye in.

Molehill

International Captain
In the other group Bangladesh's advantage over Australia evaporated as the former lost to South Africa, so the semis are unlikely to be anything other than the usual Aus-NZ-India-England as is the norm in women's cricket.
I've watched a couple of England's games. The Irish fielding was abysmal. I used to help coach a girl's team, they only once ever fielded as badly as that and they never did again. The lesser teams may struggle with the technical or power aspects, but there's no excuse for that level of fielding.

Sadly, I suspect there's at least 20 club sides in England and Australia who would offer more competition that half the teams in this tournament.