• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand vs Pakistan 2022/23

ashley bach

International Captain
Bracewell is bowling superbly here and looks like the only threat to Pakistan. Snicko showed a spike against Fakhar so Latham gets a drop against
his name. He also only just missed getting Babar who was hit just outside the line. Along with him top scoring with the bat he is fast becoming just
about the first name on the list for team selection in white ball cricket. And no it's not a joke anymore.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
not into the hype for shipley....can someone tell me what he's about? saw a bowling clip on yt and seems 120km-ish lol, i guess he bats with no fks given like cdg? is that the excitement factor?
Don't try and sneak yucky posts like this past me while I'm sleeping...

How did the Ship bowl?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Disappointed by the lack of Babar ton. Appointed by just about everyone stepping up and contributing. Clinical win.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I think he means his List A stats, rather than FC.

But yes, he had a terrible bowling record in both white ball formats until last season. Career List A are actually still mediocre to poor. Which is what format hes been picked to debut in.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
The part that excites me, and why I believe the Ship is a future international regular, is what he is as a bowler. Exactly the same reasons I thought Jamieson was going to be good enough, before his FC/List A record suggested it.

He's obviously tall, and creates good bounce which separates him from the usual conveyor belt of bowlers we produce in this country who generally bowl along the deck. But he's also very accurate, and does enough in the air/off the deck without being prodigious in that regard. I also like his action and how quick his gather is through the crease, which doesn't give the batsman a lot of time. Yeah he's probably only 130s at this stage, but hopefully with the right mentorship/S&C work he can build that up, as Jamieson did. And hopefully we won't need that if the likes of Sears, Fisher, Ferguson and Milne are involved.

I honestly think he'll be a 30, plus and minus a few, averaging ODI bowler who does a very good job first change. And his batting is a definite further string to his bow. As fans, we get way too wrapped up in career average. At the moment, he is a low 20s List A/FC bowler, but not only that he's done it with the abilities as above that I presume the selectors have said, that'll work at international level.

ashley bach

International Captain
Shipley was actually quite impressive, just got punished for the loose balls early on. Bit surprised the way he was used though.After 2 overs he went
for 12, changed ends I think and came back 10 mins later, bowled a well directed maiden then wasn't seen for at least 2 hours, most mysterious.
NZ will get better as the series goes on. Mitchell Santner wasn't great early, but come towards the end of his spell he'd really warmed to his work and
was bowling top notch. Lockie obviously needed the run and will be better for it.

G. S. Kohli

Shipley was actually quite impressive, just got punished for the loose balls early on. Bit surprised the way he was used though.After 2 overs he went
for 12, changed ends I think and came back 10 mins later, bowled a well directed maiden then wasn't seen for at least 2 hours, most mysterious.
NZ will get better as the series goes on. Mitchell Santner wasn't great early, but come towards the end of his spell he'd really warmed to his work and
was bowling top notch. Lockie obviously needed the run and will be better for it.
KW removed him after Maiden over surprized my Sister, she told me" why KW not continue tall Handsome Guy."

G. S. Kohli

Wonder why rest of games also at karachi? Where Bobby ( known Babar in Pak) can see the ball like Football,He scored many runs at Karachi

Naseem Shah Man Of The Match

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Doug Bracwell will be available to be picked from this second fixture and could replace Henry Shipley, who made his ODI debut in the series opener.
You ruined the moment man.

The Ship came into the harbour, and in future will be carrying a shipload of wickets and outstanding performances for his country. With both bat and ball.

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
My verdict on the match. No Flames please from Shipley or Phillips fans

1) A good match and NZ are a very strong side if a mediocre performance for them away from home is 250
2) The blackcaps sorely missed Ross Taylor in last nights match and we need to search for a better performing middle order post Ross era.
3) Phillips should never play ODI cricket again. He is well suited to test cricket where he can wait for a ball in his scoring zone. In ODI cricket good and even great deliveries need to be hit for ones and twos consistently. Phillip's off side batsmanship in particular is simply not well advanced enough to rotate the strike quickly in One Day Internationals.
4) Ferguson is a better bowler than Shipley. Ferguson opens for Auckland in List A. Ferguson should have opened the bowling last night and Shipley should have bowled first change. We needed wickets up front against Pakistan in that match. Shipley is not an international opening bowler and if he ever plays tests for New Zealand he will be bowling first change.
We should have done a better job defending 250 and made Pakistan work harder for it.

5) The turning points in the game for me (I am one of the few posters on the Internet who believes in key moments defining a whole game, you may well believe every moment and every delivery in a game is equally important and that is an equally valid view point) -
a) Glen Phillips when set and about to cash in and power us to 270 showing poor technique on his attempted six and hitting the ball straight in the air. Ross would have put that pill in the pavillion where it belonged
b) Ferguson letting the ball go between his legs for four runs in the first over of Pakistan;s chase. After that every time I glanced at the score card they had 3 more runs than they should have had and that three runs during the first 15 overs were enough to remove any possible score board pressure they might have felt. New Zealand needs to be a top fielding team to win. We always have been since the 1960s. Lockie;s fielding mistake was appalling and if I were coach would send him for 5 laps of the field as punishment the next day. Not good enough Lockie.