• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
ZCC will just be happy surviving in Div 2 across T20 and SOD. Definitely promoting in Dev, and I think we have a good squad now that should keep us in Div 2 next season. Just need a new young bat to replace Shafi Ibrahim by the end of the season.

FHK will fight to climb back to SOD Div 1, survive in T20 Div 1, and will do well to avoid relegation in Dev. We'll lose Ted Hui and Andy Li from the Dev side this season, so could be in for a lot of pain. Also puts some pressure on the senior squad - some players might have to be released, we cannot guarantee everyone enough game time otherwise.

ataraxia

International Coach
AXI season 32 review

1st in SOD 2.2 – a very solid performance here, despite a strong challenge from GG CC. 3507 runs scored overall, 41.6% from the opening pair Dee and Simmonds. A third season in a row they headlined, and it was their best yet. Winton and Branning were good, and Rusty was surprisingly excellent in his new #4 position. Kurt was mediocre, but silly good in friendly one-dayers. The bowling was solid as always – even if Ludlow didn't pick up many wickets! (cc SZA)

2nd in T20 1.1 – blimey! First time up here, and we smashed it. It's a silly good unit on inevitably dry Asia pitches. Rusty was top scorer, and new signing Nick Smith compensated for some poor bowling performances, by, well, averaging 203 and striking at 257 in his two innings. The rest of the time, the bowlers seemed to do their jobs. Characteristically, we were however tied-least in bonus points! Oh, and Rehman Kaiser secured a win with 27* (12) from #11 – I forgot about that. :)

1st in DEV 3.1 – we will return from the depths of bot bash, to ply our trade against humans again with an IGT-heavy lineup. Only dropped the one point then, and dominated charts. Oh, and Liam Kotze bowled 88 deliveries for 12 wickets at 2.33. Why not?

R3 in CUP – a bot bash, a human win, and an unlucky draw and an early exit. So it goes... I do hope we get into the top 64 one day. We are no. 32 in the world (apparently)!

2nd in CWC7 plate – on paper, it's one of the stronger Dev teams out there, so it was a disappointment to end up there. But definitely an interesting, intriguing run nonetheless.

Overall, definitely a good season. S33 will challenge this low-ceiling team. Season goals:
  • remain in DEV 2.2
  • remain in SOD 1.1
  • win T20 1.1 :ph34r:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes my dear old heffer - we were also hammered for a nil pointer! The kids are shell shocked not only for the bashing but having to bowl 8 overs and bat - they ain't used to it !!
It’s a steep learning curve, and one that they should adapt to with urgency.

SillyCowCorner1

They never do though do they? or not as fast as we like :wallbash: - once a week I am muttering with my coffee and cornflakes - where's the green numbers!!! Aagggh!
I feel you bro.

Some of the youths are plain lazy and that results in no greens, whereas, some of the more hardworking ones get four greens in a week

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
I feel you bro.

Some of the youths are plain lazy and that results in no greens, whereas, some of the more hardworking ones get four greens in a week
Thats a great idea SCC to get the stumped community hopping mad! just a random youth (maybe 1 in 20) and i dont mean late bloomers or precocious who just goes green all the time and 1 in 20 who does nothing - a sort of Captain 'chaos' theory - I would for one would be red as a radish if i got a red :laugh: one or someone else got a green one

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
@JOJOXI don't go for Corbett... I sold him from TNT for about 250K a few weeks ago. I don't think he is worth more than that, the asking of 500K is silly.
Cheers for heads up - I noticed the prices of the players were all much higher from the price they were recently bought at. In part because the first 2 players I'd already been offered, agreed a price to start listing at but both players went above what we were willing to pay. Amount we are willing to pay now has increased as seems like supply of the sort of player we want is very low and prices are inflated but yh point noted will probably have to make do with what we have.

I guess the plus point of not being competitive this season is maybe we can afford to wait things out a bit more even though I don't want too as it won't be the diffference between relegation and non-relegation.

Speaking of lack of competitiveness - Charminster CC lost by 204 runs whilst Winton are 85/4 after 18.5 overs chasing 316 to win. The positive is both losses will be in runs - maximises IGT - we bowl all 40 overs and everyone gets a bat.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
@JOJOXI you will have to resend Charminsters first challenge... it did the stupid thing of accepting the challenge from Winton on the same day cancelled the Charminster challenge.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Another unexpectedly good win, apparently the TNT’s have decided to just cart attacks around the park regardless… English theory? Thanks for the game @JOJOXI.
Congrats on TNT's win @StephenZA - would've been pretty happy with 237/9 at halfway stage so good effort from your guys to chase it down. A final match for Jacob West, Minesh Rana and Matt Frith who have all since been sold. Rana leaving with a 40-ball 53 - not as great a day for the other 2. Impressive knock from Caldwell - just viewed his profile - looks very solid and I'm presuming at 17 will be leading TNT's charge in the next DEV CWC.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Triple Donut for the management skills of Charlie B so far ... don't think we ever lost 3 competitive games on the trot ever! Will the Geese provide some relief with a Div 3 T20 game this afternoon ? Would have been better if we had drawn one of the 5 BOTS in the division....... Jamaica seem to be a 30 - 35k team but even that might be beyond our abilities these days!

Could we go from CWC Champs to T20 Chumps in a week ?!?!

Posted 238 in our innings - if they don't reach 191, then with the other 'managed team only having a level of 20k - it means barring missed orders or someone coming in and taking up a BOT space and making an immediate impact with only $50k in the bank ... the title is won:wacko:

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Bram Human stars in GG CC’s first game of the T20 league. He made an unbeaten 85*(37) which was laced with 10x4 and 4x6

His knock enabled GG CC to chase down the target of 168 in only 16 overs
He got support from wk-batsman, Bhooshan Sanigepalli (30 off 15) and Keith Tindall (21 off 18). Captain Peter Sutherland was there at the end with him (18* off 14)

Earlier, Babar Ijaz (3 for 51), Alex Xenos (2 for 20), and Gregory Penn (2 for 27) restricted the opposition for 167/7 in their allotment of overs