• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Perfect Yorker.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yorkers, my favourite topic. Love them. Far too uncommon these days.

The greatest of all time is at 3:45 below:

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Waqar was as good as anyone I've ever seen.

At his pace and with the late swing he got, when he got it right, which he often did, it was lethal.

Slifer

International Captain
I am going to go out on a limb here and say Wasim. More accurate than Waqar or Malinga, plus he could deliver them from around or over the wicket, and he could bowl inswing and outswing yorkers.

Here he does both types of yorkers in successive balls.

Fcking genius !!!

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Malinga's strength was his action. His point of release made it difficult to read his yorker. The best thing about Waqar's Yorkers were the late dip and reverse swing. With Malinga, if you were reading his action well, his yorker wasn't as lethal. But with a reverse swinging ball, Waqar's Yorkers would remove even well set batsmen.
Not actually the case. Waqar's yorkers were either with red ball or with the white ball before the two new ball rule. Half of Malinga's career he bowled under two ball rule, switching to contrast swing instead of reverse swing to bowl yorkers. Malinga was pure perfection with his yorkers in first half of his career when he had a softer dirtier ball to bowl with. Then he added the slower yorkers and contrast swing yorkers. Unfortunately he took a decision to retire fron the tests to prolong his career. So we have missed many reverse swinging yorkers from him.

Jack1

International Debutant
Not actually the case. Waqar's yorkers were either with red ball or with the white ball before the two new ball rule. Half of Malinga's career he bowled under two ball rule, switching to contrast swing instead of reverse swing to bowl yorkers. Malinga was pure perfection with his yorkers in first half of his career when he had a softer dirtier ball to bowl with. Then he added the slower yorkers and contrast swing yorkers. Unfortunately he took a decision to retire fron the tests to prolong his career. So we have missed many reverse swinging yorkers from him.
Timeless Test Matches. Yorkers.

Whistler

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I can’t say definitively who bowled the best yorker but after watching those highlight reels of the likes of Waqar, it is clear that batsmen have become much better at facing them. Batsmen of the 90s were bamboozled by yorkers but now people like Buttler will scoop them for six.