• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mankads

Do you think mankads are against the spirit of the game?

• Yes

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 84.3%

• Total voters

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I see the argument about the batsmen needing to adjust the timing of their backing up and I don't get it. The change from the back foot to the front foot no-ball rule caused substantial issues and arguably lead to a permanent change in the mechanics of fast bowling, yet only Ian Chappell wants to go back.

If you think it's that hard, go suck a lemon.

BazBall21

International Regular
Usually I’m in favour of mankads. A batsman or batter trying to gain an advantage for a run is unfair and ironically not in the “spirit of the game” at all. However, the incident on Saturday was blatantly premeditated on the bowler’s part and I don’t think the batter was trying to gain an unfair advantage at all. She was in the crease when the ball was about to be released. A little naive perhaps to assume it was going to be delivered under the current laws, but certainly not cheating. Think the law needs to have a bit more nuance.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Usually I’m in favour of mankads. A batsman or batter trying to gain an advantage for a run is unfair and ironically not in the “spirit of the game” at all. However, the incident on Saturday was blatantly premeditated on the bowler’s part and I don’t think the batter was trying to gain an unfair advantage at all. She was in the crease when the ball was about to be released. A little naive perhaps to assume it was going to be delivered under the current laws, but certainly not cheating. Think the law needs to have a bit more nuance.
She was doing it literally every ball that over and was apparently warned by the Indian players as well. So **** off that with that nonsense.

Shady Slim

International Coach
@RossTaylorsBox has got it correct. make ball in play as soon as runup starts, mankads become a legitimate dismissal but if you mismankad then count it as a no ball. especially costly in LO given you'd have a free hit to follow too.

BazBall21

International Regular
She was during the dismissal you idiot.
She ended up outside by the time the bail was removed due to assuming the ball was going to be delivered as that is the essence of bowling. Naive, but wasn’t trying to gain an unfair advantage.

Xix2565

International Debutant
How is taking a wicket in any way not a deliberately premeditated act? By definition there is actual intent to, you know, take the wicket. Do you think people bowl deliveries without any thoughts at all?

BazBall21

International Regular
How is taking a wicket in any way not a deliberately premeditated act? By definition there is actual intent to, you know, take the wicket. Do you think people bowl deliveries without any thoughts at all?
Premeditated because she had no intention of bowling.

Xix2565

International Debutant
Premeditated because she had no intention of bowling.
So what, we expect people to make rapid decisions and spin around like a Beyblade just to avoid premeditation?

Does that mean run outs are bad because the bowler didn't premeditate them? And are batters obliged to have the bowlers not even think about running out the non striker?