• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in West Indies, AUG 10 to 21, 2022

Niall

International Coach

I totally understand prioritizing making money as its a short career, but lets not pretend that Russell is not a millionaire and could now and then play for WI and not be hurt to much financially.

Was rent not going to be paid if he had sacked whatever this event was for example?

Russell has also in the past spoken about his desire to represent West Indies as much as possible, while at the same time seeming to prioritise franchise cricket over internationals. Late last year, for instance, he played for Deccan Gladiators in the Abu Dhabi T10 League, but opted out of West Indies' tour of Pakistan, which began just over a week later, for personal reasons.

ashley bach

International Captain

I totally understand prioritizing making money as its a short career, but lets not pretend that Russell is not a millionaire and could now and then play for WI and not be hurt to much financially.

Was rent not going to be paid if he had sacked whatever this event was for example?

Russell has also in the past spoken about his desire to represent West Indies as much as possible, while at the same time seeming to prioritise franchise cricket over internationals. Late last year, for instance, he played for Deccan Gladiators in the Abu Dhabi T10 League, but opted out of West Indies' tour of Pakistan, which began just over a week later, for personal reasons.
He opted out because he had all this money to take a great holiday, not play more damn cricket.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Has anyone looked into how much the WIndies women team is earning? Sounds like it's too much going from this ?

ashley bach

International Captain
Mayers holes out to cow corner. Speaking of cow corner looks like he's taking Slippys advice and just enjoying his day off.
Either that or he's gone outside to have a long half time joint.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Damn West Indies just can't hang with the big boys lately. I keep saying this but they need proper batters and bowlers.