• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India tour of Ireland and England 2022

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
He was OK, but 35 isn't great in home conditions even allowing for a dropped catch or two. I just thought he looked pretty innocuous most of the time. As he did in helpful conditions at the start of this match.
Fair enough.

Out of interest are any/many of England's injured bowlers likely to be available for the SA tests? Which ones?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Fair enough.

Out of interest are any/many of England's injured bowlers likely to be available for the SA tests? Which ones?
Well that's the question isn't it. One thing in Broad's favour is that we can actually get him into the park for five days. I think that Archer and Stone are completely out of the picture. Probably Wood too. I genuinely don't know what's happening with Robinson. The Overtons are both fit at present and should be available. Jamie certainly is. I don't actually know about Craig tbh.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Well that's the question isn't it. One thing in Broad's favour is that we can actually get him into the park for five days. I think that Archer and Stone are completely out of the picture. Probably Wood too. I genuinely don't know what's happening with Robinson. The Overtons are both fit at present and should be available. Jamie certainly is. I don't actually know about Craig tbh.
Mahmoud?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Whatever Broad has done this summer, he was still right to complain about being dropped for the Windies. Quite frankly if he averaged 100 this summer he’d still have been right. It was a ludicrous decision at the time.
Never a good look though, and always tempting the cricketing gods to piss all over you.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Does anyone who can filter Cricinfo stats well find out which teams are least effective at bowling sides out after the sixth wicket falls in the last five years, say? Obviously I'd think England would be on the worst end of the spectrum but could just be because I watch them bowl utter filth to tailenders so often.