• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India Doom and Gloom Thread

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
Ankit did not say anything about Indian quicks being "greatest of all time" lol. Where did this come from ?

This is a bowling attack to savor though. It is India's best ever, something which isn't really arguable. They can be improved certainly.
I never said the poster said it that. I'm highlighting the opinions that have been floating around for years just because India have done slightly better than they used to. You can read my other posts for context.

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
Imagine having the courage to mock India's Test victory in AUS where you haven't drawn test in 25 years.

Your fast trio of Wasim/Waqar/Imran could never win you Test series in AUS /SA/WI and you had to depend on Gabriel's brain fart to win your only Test series in WI in cricket history
Wait, who do you think I am? And what do you think winning in Australia signifies?

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
When was last time Pak drew a Test in AUS ?
When was last time Pak drew a Test in SA ?

Rishabh Pant has more Test century in AUS and SA than so called great player of pace bowling Inzamam ul Haq

Ashwin is 100 times better spinner than that garbage leg spinner Abdul Qadir who averages 55 outside Asia and Pakistani consider better than Warne.

Now GTFO from this thread
This is what we call a strawman. Creating another argument which is nothing to do with the argument I have raised. Try again :D

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
Since some of these guys love stats so much, let's look at the most recent Australia series. Apparently the fast bowling is so great the Aussies cowered against the raw pace of Thakur :D
Yet the 2 highest wicket takers were Aussies, in fact, not a single Indian fast bowler with more than one game even averaged less than 25...I'm being nice, because most of them averaged almost 30, compared to less than 20 by Hazlewood and 20 by Cummins.

As has always been the case, India won because of exceptional batting on pitches deigned for big scores (7 scores of 300+ in 16 innings, how often does that happen in modern tests?). Heck, one test has 1200+ runs scored and ended in a draw including a declaration HAHA

Yet these guys won't shut up about the bowling. Because what, you finally got a couple bowlers who can bowl at 140 8-)

I hate to be mean but stop being delusional. India has/had very good crop of players but they can only improve if their skill set is viewed in reality, not bollywood fantasy. That's my piece on that.

Xix2565

International Debutant
Since some of these guys love stats so much, let's look at the most recent Australia series. Apparently the fast bowling is so great the Aussies cowered against the raw pace of Thakur :D
Yet the 2 highest wicket takers were Aussies, in fact, not a single Indian fast bowler with more than one game even averaged less than 25...I'm being nice, because most of them averaged almost 30, compared to less than 20 by Hazlewood and 20 by Cummins.

As has always been the case, India won because of exceptional batting on pitches deigned for big scores (7 scores of 300+ in 16 innings, how often does that happen in modern tests?). Heck, one test has 1200+ runs scored and ended in a draw including a declaration HAHA

Yet these guys won't shut up about the bowling. Because what, you finally got a couple bowlers who can bowl at 140 8-)

I hate to be mean but stop being delusional. India has/had very good crop of players but they can only improve if their skill set is viewed in reality, not bollywood fantasy. That's my piece on that.
Wtf is this idiocy? Did you watch those matches or not where only Sydney and Brisbane were relatively good for batting? How can you say that Australia outbowled India when India took 36 wickets to their 32 after matching them in better bowling conditions in Adelaide/Melbourne? Almost like you forgot how badly Starc/Lyon bowled and the fact that Green was barely an option back then. Meanwhile Jadeja/Ashwin/Washi more than held their own weight with the pacers.

As for Thakur he took 7 for 155 at Brisbane and outbowled everyone there, and made a match saving 67 in the process. The sheer disrespect. :laugh:

Nah you can just **** off with this baseless fantasy analysis.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
cricketsavant is the Rubel Hossain of this forum. The standards are such that it can only be improved from then. Yet somehow manages to plunge into further lows.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The standards are such that it can only be improved from then. Yet somehow manages to plunge into further lows.
This is like Ashwin's Instagram tribute to Kohli

http://instagr.am/p/CYx5BJQtAOq/
“We must leave a place at such an altitude that the future can only take it higher from there on”

Think he didn’t quite realise what he’s saying is he’s left it at a low so the only way is up lmao. It's also not a real quote from someone, he just put quotation marks around a sentence he made up :laugh:

Also searched the likes and it doesn’t seem like any of the current team has liked his post.

Hmmm… very interesting.

sunilz

International Regular
Now no need to feed the troll. We gave him more attention than needed ( me included) . Otherwise this thread would be derailed. Put him on ignore list or don't bother to reply.

Shri

Mr. Glass
why do we even play ODIs anymore

why is ganguly a meddling dickhead

why are we putting dravid through this awkwardness when he was happy coaching the A team/U19 team

why are we batting in odis like it is the ****ing 90s

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We already have a doom and gloom thread but this time starting one actually feels warranted.

This team is a ****ing mess. Ganguly drama is entertaining atleast I guess.

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
We already have a doom and gloom thread but this time starting one actually feels warranted.

This team is a ****ing mess. Ganguly drama is entertaining atleast I guess.
When did the team become a mess?

Decent enough showing in the CWC 2019, exceptional batting strike rate in the last year or ODI cricket, is it a rot that started just now or has it been built over years of over confidence and under development?

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Shardul Thakur is mediocre

Got a real competitive edge to him and will have good days out, but ultimately don't think he's cut out for any format in the long-term

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Time to dump trundlers & oldies for good. Time to rebuild has come & Dravid was brought to do that.. He hasn't done that & paid the price. Now hopefully BCCI uses danda like Dhoni did after 2012.

Boobie hopefully has played his final ODI.. And is a ready made scapegoat now. KL Rahul is done & dusted as a captain. Ashwin is also in the bin.
Just don't play more than 1 trundler in a ODI side ever again.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
@Shri what's this?

cnerd123

likes this
The Doom and Gloom mainly stems from poor selection and talent management really. We have the depth of talent to have different Test, ODI and T20I squads without needing to play anyone in all 3 formats. JAM ODIs and T20Is should be used to test our bench strength, but instead we're burning out guys like Bumrah/Ashwin and running out known quantities like Dhawan. There isn't any foresight here.

We're also going to keep struggling in overseas conditions because the BCCI won't let our next gen talent sign up for overseas tournaments. They view Indian cricketers as 'assets', and believe that allowing them to play domestic/franchise cricket in non BCCI-leagues is therefore allowing those other cricket boards to profit off of them, which is such a dumb line of thinking. In their desperation to not let other cricket boards make any money they're sacrificing the development, and thus the long-term health, of our International team.

We definitely need more U19/A Team cricket happening, but this seems low on the priority list right now. Or Women's team is barely getting any cricket as well. BCCI is just obsessed with fulfilling the men's International tours and the IPL for commercial reasons.

The rot starts at the top, and unless Ganguly can get **** in order we're going to continue to punch below our weight for years to come.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
With so much unrest among Indian ranks, Aus must be chomping at the bit to get theirs back. They might even have had better than 50% odds if the series were to be played right now, in March or so, as it was in the past.