• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Whoever has looked the best in the training sessions so far (on the bouncy tracks) will most likely make the cut. So I am sure Dravid is helping out as well when it comes to batting techniques and necessary adjustments required.

I am confident they will pick the guy most likely to have some success.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like Rahane will play judging by Rahul's comments and they will stick with 5 bowler strategy.

Lineup-

Rahul
Aggarwal
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Pant
Ashwin
Thakur
Shami
Bumrah
Siraj

I hope they won't pick Ishant!!!! using the same line of thinking as for picking Rahane- "experience"

even if that prior experience happens to be pretty bad..

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
I am expecting Iyer to provide some fire works this time. He is severe on cut & back foot punch so that should suit him.
lmao

deer in headlights in even white ball cricket if it bounces

should be used like thilan samaraweera at home but to score rapidly against opposition spinners

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
lmao

deer in headlights in even white ball cricket if it bounces

should be used like thilan samaraweera at home but to score rapidly against opposition spinners
Only Wanderers might trouble his game but Centurion starts slow then quickens up. Iyer will probably enjoy it here. He can always duck vs bouncers in test.. Except Kohli & Rahul not many confident pullers in the team anyways.. Lord Shardul has a decent pull stroke as well.
Square cut is Iyer's bread & butter stroke which is useful in these tracks

Xix2565

International Debutant
Iyer did fine so far vs NZ, it wasn't like he was braindead batting out there. Feels like some of you shouldn't go too far in getting worried. Though personally Vihari should get the nod ahead of Iyer and Rahane if we're being honest, since he's actually batted here recently.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Iyer did fine so far vs NZ, it wasn't like he was braindead batting out there. Feels like some of you shouldn't go too far in getting worried. Though personally Vihari should get the nod ahead of Iyer and Rahane if we're being honest, since he's actually batted here recently.
Vihari is worse against short stuff.. Iyer I think atm looks superior & in reasonable form. He is clutch & mentally quite strong despite some chinks in his armor. You can't drop a batsman who basically avoided a Indian defeat in Kanpur in his last series. Vihari has been mediocre for a while.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Series prediction:

Result: 2-1 SA
Most runs: Kohli. 2 tons.
Most wickets: Olivier
Surprise player (good): Rahane
Surprise player (bad): Elgar, Pant
Dropped: VDD, Shami
R
O
P
P
E
D

I can see this being pretty much a repeat of the previous tour. The batting is even worse than back then. Hopefully they dont pick 3 number 11s like last time.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Can 1st one be a washout? Weather showing showers almost everyday. Curtailed game can be a lottery as well with one side batting in tougher conditions

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
This entire series will revolve around the performance of the young SA batsmen. If Markram, Petersen and Mulder (possibly Verreynne or Rickelton) show good quality then SA will probably win. If they don't step up there is not enough quality in the rest of the SA batsmen to win the series. Lots of weight on Markrams should here particularly if he opens.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Gut feeling is that India will win this one, their pace attack is just too good, but with a huge collapse to Olivier thrown in there somewhere. Rohit Sharma is a huge out and I would be a lot more confident with my prediction if he played. I'm not yet convinced Mayank is a good bat outside the SC and Rahul hasn't made runs on a quick pitch yet (although he looks equipped to do so). Combined with Pujara and Kohli dipping in form I think India's top order looks a bit soft.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
The only ray of hope for India fans w.r.t. batting is class will eventually out. The three in the middle order have been poor for so long that at least one of them is bound to turn the corner at some point.

Last edited: