• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread (white ball edition)

Nikhil99.94

School Boy/Girl Captain
Players who never played odi or less than 2 odi team would beat any all time odi xi most of the time,7/10 imo.
Hammond
Barry richard
Don bradman(captain)
Pollock
Sobers
Walcott(wk)
Keith Miller
Lindwall
Larwood
O rilley
Trueman

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Australian version

Victor Trumper
Jack Gregory
Don Bradman
Stan McCabe
Neil Harvey
Keith Miller
Monty Noble
Richie Benaud *
Alan Davidson
Ray Lindwall
Don Tallon +

Gob

International Coach
Players who never played odi or less than 2 odi team would beat any all time odi xi most of the time,7/10 imo.
Hammond
Barry richard
Don bradman(captain)
Pollock
Sobers
Walcott(wk)
Keith Miller
Lindwall
Larwood
O rilley
Trueman
Roy and Butler would whack them tbh

Nikhil99.94

School Boy/Girl Captain
Roy and Butler would whack them tbh
A bowling attack of tiger,larwood,trueman,lindwall,Keith Miller and sobers as the sixth bowler and Hammond as the 7th bowler?no way.I would bet my bowling attack to win against any batsman of all time at least 8/10 except bradman.
O rilley would mostly likely be a top 3 spinner of all time if not no.1,lindwall one of the 10 greatest fast bowlers of all time with possibly the best Yorker of all time,trueman will be in top 10 as well,Keith one of the best all rounder ever,most likely a top 5 and larwood is larwood,one of the fastest to have ever lived without argument the fastest bowler less than 5 ft 11,will be a top 5 best fast bowler of all time for me tbh,you can argue about my opinion about larwood being in top 5 though but I have a bit bias for Harold.

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
A bowling attack of tiger,larwood,trueman,lindwall,Keith Miller and sobers as the sixth bowler and Hammond as the 7th bowler?no way.I would bet my bowling attack to win against any batsman of all time at least 8/10 except bradman.
O rilley would mostly likely be a top 3 spinner of all time if not no.1,lindwall one of the 10 greatest fast bowlers of all time with possibly the best Yorker of all time,trueman will be in top 10 as well,Keith one of the best all rounder ever,most likely a top 5 and larwood is larwood,one of the fastest to have ever lived without argument the fastest bowler less than 5 ft 11,will be a top 5 best fast bowler of all time for me tbh,you can argue about my opinion about larwood being in top 5 though but I have a bit bias for Harold.
Ok

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
So anyway…… about Kapil Dev.
I think he peaked when the ball was still red in ODI’s.
In which country? Oz and NZ went to white very early, while the rest of the world was very late to change. I remember as a teenager staying up all night to watch Mark Greatbatch scoring back to back ODI 100s in England in 1990 and thinking how weird it was that players were wearing whites and it was 55 overs.

92 in the Antipodes was the 1st WC with coloured clothing and white ball - part of the reason it was such a memorable tournament (arguably the greatest).