• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
New European Cricket Championship to be played in September-October 2021, England Minor Counties, Scotland A, Netherlands A, plus most of cricket-playing Europe except Denmark, France and Ireland to take part

ECC will take place over four weeks, between September 13 and October 8 in Spain. Five national teams will feature in each of the three group weeks, with the winners qualifying directly for Finals Week. The two best second place finishers during the group stages will also take their place at Finals Week on October 4-8. Details for the much-anticipated ECC Live Draw will be announced in due course.

15 teams will represent their country at the first edition of the ECC:
• England amateurs (National County Cricketers Association representative XI); Scotland A-team, Italy, Netherlands A-team, Germany, Austria, Norway, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Belgium, Hungary, Czech Republic, Portugal, Finland.
Normally I'd be skeptical of initiatives like these getting announced but the ECN has a track record of getting tournaments a go and also providing scores and results, they had a number of local tournaments last year. A big question that jumps out will be how they'll manage the teams that qualify from the first group being held three weeks ahead of the finals.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
colour me skeptical for now. where is it streamed? is there a pay-per-view model? espn doesn't say
Fingers crossed it won't be paywalled as the impetus behind it is to get more eyes from developing countries on the sport. Hopefully it will feature on the ICC's YouTube channel. From what I've read European emerging nations are set to be the big winner here.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
New European Cricket Championship to be played in September-October 2021, England Minor Counties, Scotland A, Netherlands A, plus most of cricket-playing Europe except Denmark, France and Ireland to take part

Normally I'd be skeptical of initiatives like these getting announced but the ECN has a track record of getting tournaments a go and also providing scores and results, they had a number of local tournaments last year. A big question that jumps out will be how they'll manage the teams that qualify from the first group being held three weeks ahead of the finals.
50 over games?

cnerd123

likes this
They've been playing each other for a while now BD Emerging team won the OD series IIRC. Don't know if they have a 4 day game scheduled too or not.