• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You have to understand that even when Kumble resigned, some of the assistant coaches continued. So it is definitely something to do with how he dealt with the players IMO.

Last edited:

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Dry Up Australia’s Off-Side Runs: Bharat Arun Reveals India’s Plan
[/snip]
A problem with that is that our batsmen scored a lot more freely on the off side in the last two tests than the first two. The problem was lack of application from the batsmen in endeavouring to do so.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
A problem with that is that our batsmen scored a lot more freely on the off side in the last two tests than the first two. The problem was lack of application from the batsmen in endeavouring to do so.
The bowlers in the first 2 tests were disciplined enough to execute the plans. Whereas especially in the last, there were issues.

Nattu by the end was bowling some real pies yet was not being tonked. Testimony to how the game is such a mental one as is physical. India had got under Aussie skin and they were afraid to hit out for fear of losing wickets.

Spark

Global Moderator
The bowlers in the first 2 tests were disciplined enough to execute the plans. Whereas especially in the last, there were issues.

Nattu by the end was bowling some real pies yet was not being tonked. Testimony to how the game is such a mental one as is physical. India had got under Aussie skin and they were afraid to hit out for fear of losing wickets.
That was happening in the first two games two. @stephen and I were complaining about it the entire series, the lack of ability to put bad balls away was a real problem. Ashwin in particular got away with so many underpitched deliveries because the batsmen didn't know what to do and weren't ruthless enough about hitting gaps in the field.

sunilz

International Regular
Tbh, if a cricket novice like me could come up with the same tactic, is it really that genius? Looks like Ashwn and Vihari figured it out themselves as well anyway.

It’s pretty clear Shastri has a lot of say regarding team tactics though, like the batting order changes. Makes me wonder how much of the decision making credit belongs to Shastri vs Rahane.
Funny how none of his strategy worked in NZ.
Both Kohli and Shastri are extremely shameless fellows. Since Rahane is a quiet person , they will take all the credit.
I am 100% sure India would have lost had Kohli been the captain.

Let's not forget the same team wasn't able to chase 200 in 4th innings in SA and ENG under Kohli's captaincy.
He brings a negative energy to team in tensed moments.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Funny how none of his strategy worked in NZ.
Both Kohli and Shastri are extremely shameless fellows. Since Rahane is a quiet person , they will take all the credit.
I am 100% sure India would have lost had Kohli been the captain.

Let's not forget the same team wasn't able to chase 200 in 4th innings in SA and ENG under Kohli's captaincy.
He brings a negative energy to team in tensed moments.
Blaming captaincy for bad batting

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Maybe players are insecure around Kohli and are always tensed/worried.

Funny a team that scored 300 in 4th innings in last 2 innings couldn't even score 200 in 4th innings in AUS/SA/ENG under Kohli's captaincy.
I know you are trolling now but this insecurity stuff is plain talk from the behind speculation.

Don't forget the so called seniors in the team, Rohit and Rahane, contributed only 30 runs to the chase - and as per your theory weren't they the most "affected by Kohli s presence" kind of people ? Kohli had to work with these kind of bottlers for a long time as a captain. And he didn't have a Gill like opener to the boot as well. And no, it wasn't entirely wrong to pick Shaw over Gill as he was the incumbent and had done quite well in tesrs before and hence deserved a chance to fail, which he did. But I agree it was a mistake to pick Saha over Pant although a freak show like 36 not put would still have occurred regardless.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It seems silly to blame Virat for Pant not being picked for a test where the ball was expected to move significantly (the pink ball d/n test) when the fact is that Pant got all his breaks under Virat and Virat was even attacked for backing Pant a lot before this year. :laugh:

Sunilz just can't handle the fact that Bewda has been the brains behind everything for a long time coz it does not fit his narrative.

sunilz

International Regular
It seems silly to blame Virat for Pant not being picked for a test where the ball was expected to move significantly (the pink ball d/n test) when the fact is that Pant got all his breaks under Virat and Virat was even attacked for backing Pant a lot before this year. :laugh:

Sunilz just can't handle the fact that Bewda has been the brains behind everything for a long time coz it does not fit his narrative.
Yeah I can't handle the fact that India has choked in knockout matches in ICC tournaments under Kohli's captaincy
Or
How we lost test series in SA, ENG, NZ under his captaincy?

Even if he is not a bad captain, he brings bad luck to the team and team chokes in pressure situations under his captaincy.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah I can't handle the fact that India has choked in knockout matches in ICC tournaments under Kohli's captaincy
Or

Even if he is not a bad captain, he brings bad luck to the team and team chokes in pressure situations under his captaincy.
Yeah, no agenda here. :lol:

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Or

Surprised you didn't bring in IPL there.
And to think his predecessors were winning series after series in SENA :laugh:

About bad luck - next time Indianpicks their captains, analysis of Kundli is a must.

sunilz

International Regular
Surprised you didn't bring in IPL there.
And to think his predecessors were winning series after series in SENA :laugh:

About bad luck - next time Indianpicks their captains, analysis of Kundli is a must.
IND between 2006 to 2011
Won in ENG
Won in WI
Won in NZ
Lost narrowly to Aus 2-1
Lost narrowly to SA 2-1
Drew in SL 1-1
Lost in Pak 0-1
Won ICC WT20 2007
Won ODI WC 2011

Anyday better than Kohli the choker.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
IND between 2006 to 2011
Won in ENG
Won in WI
Won in NZ
Lost narrowly to Aus 2-1
Lost narrowly to SA 2-1
Drew in SL 1-1
Lost in Pak 0-1
Won ICC WT20 2007
Won ODI WC 2011

Anyday better than Kohli the choker.
Give Kohli thr likes of Dravid, Tendulkar in peak form than bottlers like Sharma and Rahane and he too will win series..