• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Spark

Global Moderator
Could be fun if they collapse but I think they probably have enough already. There's some inconsistent bounce that'll make things very difficult in the 4th innings.
That's why I've been kind of baffled by the complaints about the go slow. They're basically batting time here, whether they have a lead of 350, 380, or 420 won't make much if any difference to the chase.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dismissal makes setting a target quite a bit trickier given Green hasn't looked completely comfortable out there. Probably have enough but you'd want 100 more and that's gonna take more than a session.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's why I've been kind of baffled by the complaints about the go slow. They're basically batting time here, whether they have a lead of 350, 380, or 420 won't make much if any difference to the chase.
Eh they have enough but the could've had enough earlier. It's a fair criticism when by your own admission time is the only factor here.

Gob

International Coach
It amazes me to no end how two people with identical genetics grow up to be a really humble and respectful human being and a complete knob re Waughs
Was still worse batting than Pujara before this acceleration(which everyone kne was coming) when you consider Smith is in a declaration situation and Pujara wasn't.

Defensive batsmen always get stupid criticism for their slow innings even in innings where everyone else fails. It's really ****ing dumb.
How bout you go all intent, aust lose couple of early wickets and get strangled for 270?

It was always going to be bat the first session sensibly and accelerate in the second

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honestly Australia has probably got enough here. Smith must be disappointed having just got past his half- hundred and fifty but I can't see India scoring 300+ in the fourth innings on this deck against Cummins.

Briony

International Debutant
It amazes me to no end how two people with identical genetics grow up to be a really humble and respectful human being and a complete knob re Waughs

How bout you go all intent, aust lose couple of early wickets and get strangled for 270?

It was always going to be bat the first session sensibly and accelerate in the second
They were not identical twins though.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
"Educated edge"? What kind of ganja are these guys smoking. It's called "guiding it down to third man".