• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
USA cricket making some major moves in the right directions recently, but there have been plenty of false dawns before. Hopefully this latest push to better organise and grow the game there will be successful.
I'm not sure recruiting a bunch of ringers is really all that great for USA Cricket tbh.

The USA cricket team, sure.

Hopefully they actually play locally a lot and try to develop younger locals like the Dutch and Irish ringers usually do.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
USA cricket making some major moves in the right directions recently, but there have been plenty of false dawns before. Hopefully this latest push to better organise and grow the game there will be successful.
Completely disagree. Considering the long standing accusation that some assosciate teams are basically a retirement home for those who couldn't cut in their original nation, they can gagf for being so brazen about it

cnerd123

likes this
Hopefully they actually play locally a lot and try to develop younger locals like the Dutch and Irish ringers usually do.
Pretty sure they're all moving to play in the MLC that USAC is planning. It's going to be 3 years till they can actually play for the USA national team, so in that time if they're rubbing shoulders with current USA national players/fringe players/U19s while also drawing eyeballs to their domestic T20 stuff, it's clearly a good thing for USA cricket as a whole.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not sure recruiting a bunch of ringers is really all that great for USA Cricket tbh.

The USA cricket team, sure.

Yeah, this. I've seen it a few times in club cricket too. Ordinary club struggling for wins spends its whole budget on 4-5 overseas "professionals" and suddenly become competitive in the First XI, but the rest of the club is trash and they can't even field a full junior side.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
For a lot of the desis, if it is a pathway to a US Visa and life there, they will take it. And that hopefully means they participate more in local tournaments etc and thus the level goes up.

SillyCowCorner1

Damn, just checked the scorecard for the Lankan Premier League match today and saw Qais Ahmed getting the man of the match in a high scoring game...I was running through the scorecard to see how many wickets he picked up only to discover a 22-ball fifty from him in the chase.

that’s Rashid khan-esque

Daemon

NZ have a good shot at making the WTC finals apparently.

Any articles around describing the various scenarios needed for India/Australia/NZ to qualify?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Damn, just checked the scorecard for the Lankan Premier League match today and saw Qais Ahmed getting the man of the match in a high scoring game...I was running through the scorecard to see how many wickets he picked up only to discover a 22-ball fifty from him in the chase.

that’s Rashid khan-esque
They obviously knew he had it in him too; they batted him at six.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I mean he is a legit Bangladeshi ATG.

Still a prick tho.
Nah, not the cricket side. The whole tough guy act. I think the guy cant stand a single blow and just overcompensates acting this way. Remember his shenanigans in the 2016 T20 WC game against India as well as his twit tweet after the semis? :laugh: