• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2020/21

tony p

First Class Debutant
^ why does Starc need to be rested from their first game when he last played red ball cricket over 9 months ago?
" I do not know what is going off out there"
I always think Starc needs regular bowling to find form and get in to match condition, obviously a 9 month rest from red ball cricket isn't enough.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Weird that wa decide to bowl when there missing there best bowler, attack really isn't great without Paris. Gurthie is horrible and Hardie is untested.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know West Australians always have an over-generous assessment of their own players, but I think saying that Terry Alderman was genuinely fast prior to his shoulder injury is a bit of a reach.

Rather generous description of Guthrie as well.

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I know West Australians always have an over-generous assessment of their own players, but I think saying that Terry Alderman was genuinely fast prior to his shoulder injury is a bit of a reach.
That sounded like Bryce McGain to me, no not a sandgroper. But agreed that pace was never really Alderman's thing

Feels weird watching a WA game and not hearing that chainsmoking octogenerian on comms

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Feels weird watching a WA game and not hearing that chainsmoking octogenerian on comms
Who was that? Sounded a tad like if Kim Hughes had a two packs a day habit. The other good aspect is not having the janky camera angle and work that makes WACA matches so irritating to watch.

I see WA decided that Morris apparently wasn't worth it.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Who was that? Sounded a tad like if Kim Hughes had a two packs a day habit. The other good aspect is not having the janky camera angle and work that makes WACA matches so irritating to watch.

I see WA decided that Morris apparently wasn't worth it.
Colin Minson or somesuch I believe, longtime radio announcer. Also had Wayne Clark on occasionally.

Too right about the camera angles, was a mess

Switch over to SA and Weatherald gets out straight away gahhhh