• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wickeeeeeeettttttt! Somerville a little disappointing yesterday - inconsistent. Compulsory 'still better than Santner' comment.

Australia will no doubt put on 100 for the next wicket now.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Imagine having to take caught and bowled chances - ouch!

Edit: Tom Flint beat me to it LOL
I played in a splint type thing last season. Fielding was easily the most painful part of the game. Batting wasn't too bad I think the glove protected it a bit, I had to take the splint off to bat. I bowled too but not with the injured hand, I didn't have to field much off my own bowling as most of it disappeared to cow corner lol

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I can't get too worked up about Southee's omission - I would've included him but I can't in all honesty claim he would've done any better than Henry (or Astle) yesterday either.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Had more clout under McCullum. Baz saw a shining light that consistently came out of his arse.

It's just a weird situation. You lose your senior bowler and you omit the other senior opener, who has 12 wickets at 25 in that series and is also your vice captain. This guy also doesn't play ODIs potentially anymore, so is due a rest at some stage anyway (yes he's a squad member but isnt in the XI presumably). Maybe his body is on the outer? I dunno. Wouldn't he have busted Stead's door down to play, and given he's VC take the captaincy, if he was fit?
Considering Boult and Ferguson are both injured, it leaves Henry as the only experienced seamer in the ODI side. Southee surely comes back into consideration for the starting XI, as **** as he's been.

thierry henry

International Coach
ok bowling really wide isn’t ideal, but it’s a bit wanky to demand we bowl 5th stump or straighter to Marnus (or Smith) when that’s just feeding them runs

thierry henry

International Coach
Are there any leggies around (or have there been) who can bowl the flipper anything like Warne used to? You never even seem to hear about it as a variation anymore

Howsie

International Captain
Considering Boult and Ferguson are both injured, it leaves Henry as the only experienced seamer in the ODI side. Southee surely comes back into consideration for the starting XI, as **** as he's been.
So we aren't allowed to debut guys? Gary Stead is that you?