• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Graeme Yallop Vs Usman Khawaja

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, I actually instigated the Love Vs Khawaja thing in the Australian selection thread.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I liked the comp too as they are averaging similar to Mark Waugh and Ian Chappell but Yallop and Usman are a couple of tiers below for sure.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Yeah, Yallop's away record is nothing to scoff at. Only did poorly in England whereas Khawaja only has 1 innings of note away from home and he can't really play spin at all. I was just checking out how public perception of Yallop may have changed since he doesn't get no respect (if you get it you get it).

Anyway, now that I've gathered all the bogans I have another question: would you take Law or Khawaja?
Jamie Cox, Martin Love, Stuart Law, Brad Hodge and Jamie Siddons (in their prime) would easily push aside every player currently in the test team not named Smith and Warner.

trundler

Law stands out to me because he killed it in tour games and had a compact technique. I think there's a case of some of those guys looking better for having missed out though, just like I have a hard time believing South African domestic cricket in the 80s was ATG galore.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Law stands out to me because he killed it in tour games and had a compact technique. I think there's a case of some of those guys looking better for having missed out though, just like I have a hard time believing South African domestic cricket in the 80s was ATG galore.
I saw them all play Shield and in the tests some of them managed to play. They were all significantly better than Bancroft, Head, Khawaja and Wade.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
what was so hard to understand? I was making a cheap joke at Khawaja's expense. Why do you take everything so seriously and not let anything go? It's weird
If you want to troll and take the piss that is fine by me, but don't then expect to be taken seriously when you actually do have a point to make. Can't have it both ways

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
Jamie Cox, Martin Love, Stuart Law, Brad Hodge and Jamie Siddons (in their prime) would easily push aside every player currently in the test team not named Smith and Warner.
Darren Lehman would have played a massive amount more test cricket as well. Even players like Dene Hills, James Brayshaw and Paul Nobes would probably get a shot if they were around these days and they were no where near the test side and not particularly good either.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I saw them all play Shield and in the tests some of them managed to play. They were all significantly better than Bancroft, Head, Khawaja and Wade.
Even if you didn't see them play (like me) isn't the story told by the fact they all have way better averages (and conversion rates) than guys like Bancroft and Wade?

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
D Hussey was averaging about 55 pretty late in his career I thought? Played a lot of CC tbf
Averaged 45.5 in shield, 52.5 for his career first class. Maths could be wrong but seems he scored 6804 runs @ 63 outside of shield.

TheJediBrah

If you want to troll and take the piss that is fine by me, but don't then expect to be taken seriously when you actually do have a point to make. Can't have it both ways
That's a really, really dumb thing to say. You think everyone should either be serious 100% of the time, or they should be joking 100% of the time? What planet do you live on?

edit: and really dumb to like a post that dumb too, @ *****

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
That's a really, really dumb thing to say. You think everyone should either be serious 100% of the time, or they should be joking 100% of the time? What planet do you live on?

Yawn

vcs

LOL at taking a ***** like as an endorsement of a post.