• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
When people are getting banned for insults, lack of respect or trolling, or whatever else it maybe, are they generally just having a laugh or do they genuinely lose control and can't help themselves and actually mean the insults etc?
Hurry up and answer my question about cake you cardinal willow

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When people are getting banned for insults, lack of respect or trolling, or whatever else it maybe, are they generally just having a laugh or do they genuinely lose control and can't help themselves and actually mean the insults etc?
I think it's combination of both tbh. It's usually having a laugh (which is often lost on a number of the mods because, as is the case in any group, some have no sense of humour) but at other times the chronically stupid need to be addressed in forceful terms to set them straight.

Bijed

International Regular
I think the majority of the time it's just having a laugh (though it's easy to misinterpret), but the latter does happen a fair bit too. Can be hard to tell sometimes.

cnerd123

likes this
I reckon it's pretty easy to tell apart banter from proper abuse

Do the two posters have a history of bantering but also posting in a friendly manner with each other
Did the target of the abuse report the post in question
Is the abuse out if character from the poster in question
Is the language used far more severe than gentle ribbing would be

The only time I get confused is with OS and Shri tbh

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I reckon it's pretty easy to tell apart banter from proper abuse

Do the two posters have a history of bantering but also posting in a friendly manner with each other
Did the target of the abuse report the post in question
Is the abuse out if character from the poster in question
Is the language used far more severe than gentle ribbing would be

The only time I get confused is with OS and Shri tbh
Confused is how I would describe you generally tbh, your entire existence in fact

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've become a real fan of ***** this WC. Will be making recommendations for the next Power 5.

aussie tragic

International Captain
You forgot to add a 3rd option of being pissed so not knowing any better ;)

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reminder that Miyagi gets unbanned in a couple of weeks. The worst part of it was him calling me 'a blind follower of *****'