• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What would you propose changing the laws to? Wickets is equally as arbitrary.
I don't hate the idea of just playing more Super Overs until the stadium administration and/or local government tells you to gagf, but failing that when it's a tie after a Super Over I think it should be treated the same way a washout is. I think that would mean England would be declared winners -- finished higher in the round robin -- but they may actually share the trophy in that situation based on what mr_mister said (which is lame, but if so lets just change that too :p ).

Wickets lost is at the very least also incredibly stupid, possibly even just as stupid as the boundaries rule. I don't want to see it changed (back) to that.

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
The haters here seem to have all morphed into Scott Snowflake Styris. Megalolz!

Oh it makes the victory even sweeter. England gave cricket to the World and now we've finally taken it back.

IT'S COME HOME!

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Boundary count is well and good in an IPL playoff but this is the WC ffs. In any case,. England didn't crumble under pressure at the end. Bad shot from Guptill. **** way to lose but alas. I hope this goes to popularise cricket in both countries.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
The haters here seem to have all morphed into Scott Snowflake Styris. Megalolz!

Oh it makes the victory even sweeter. England gave cricket to the World and now we've finally taken it back.

IT'S COME HOME!
Congrats, mate. You must be over the moon.

But you really don't need to carry on like this.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This isn't the first time a team has missed out due to NRR despite superior head to head record. For sure. So I don't think that won't chage
Head to head is an even stupider differentiator than NRR so I don't want to see it changed to that. We can do better than both.

However moaning about that now just takes away from the moment. Which is my point. Like, at least wait a day right?
Haha yeah I do totally agree with this. I didn't log on to get into discussions about this ****. The hive mind of CW decided it must be so though.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have no words. The trophy is shared in my head. Both champion teams. Thank god these two made it to the final! Only they could have provided such a mix of flash, grit, and nerves.
Exactly how I feel. I don't smoke but I feel like I need one.