• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
People always seem to underrate Nikki Bella as a wrestler. She's pretty decent. Brie is the one who besides being able to sell okay, is just totally awful in ring.

Charlotte and Becky definitely should've main evented though.

Niall

International Coach
Bar a few ****s up that was a sold show. The referees in the LMS and the NXT match even in the land of the WWE just looked like goofs, clearly planned poorly by creative. Nonetheless both of those matches were good stuff. Storm looks like she will be a star, just needs to drop those silly faces she keeps pulling. The constant "we are so progressive~!" promos though did annoy with Crown Jewel on the horizon, but heh hypocrisy is to be expected in the WWE.

Niall

International Coach
Battle Royale was surprisingly decent, but Moon v Ronda would have been a much more interesting match up than Ronda v Nia who just isn't that good.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Storm is all moves with no meaning. Can't string a match together without an elite opponent.
I think it’s all the lankiness and weird facials that remind me of young Edge. She’s 22 and in developmental, will find her way there I reckon.
Look what they’ve done with Shayna Baszler, went from someone who was green as goose **** to possibly the best heel woman in WWE.

Would enjoy your thoughts on the NXT female roster though. In my mind most of them look like big future stars
Io Shirai
Kairi
Le Rae
Baszler
Storm
Dakota Kai

I don’t think Nikki Cross will succeed on the main roster (though I think she’s pretty good, and if we could get more matches from her like the Asuka last man standing match she stands a great chance). Lacey Evans is a coin flip for me, great look and solid in ring but she feels a bit like the blonde chick in Glow to me and it doesn’t quite connect. Belair is growing, may come round on her if she continues to improve.

I thought Xia Brookside looked like a genuine talent in the MYC too.

Would give my left but for Meiko to get a year of NXT time, she’s obviously spectacular, and I have zero faith the main roster would invest any time in her due to her age, but on NXT she could get the spotlight on a big run.

Aliyah im surprised hasn’t been future endeavoured yet, and the one with the name like an Italian car seems like she’s someone that will one day be added to the Riott Squad or Absolution and I wouldn’t even notice.

Rhea Ripley is Baszler lite.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I think it’s all the lankiness and weird facials that remind me of young Edge. She’s 22 and in developmental, will find her way there I reckon.
Look what they’ve done with Shayna Baszler, went from someone who was green as goose **** to possibly the best heel woman in WWE.

Would enjoy your thoughts on the NXT female roster though. In my mind most of them look like big future stars
Io Shirai
Kairi
Le Rae
Baszler
Storm
Dakota Kai

I don’t think Nikki Cross will succeed on the main roster (though I think she’s pretty good, and if we could get more matches from her like the Asuka last man standing match she stands a great chance). Lacey Evans is a coin flip for me, great look and solid in ring but she feels a bit like the blonde chick in Glow to me and it doesn’t quite connect. Belair is growing, may come round on her if she continues to improve.

I thought Xia Brookside looked like a genuine talent in the MYC too.

Would give my left but for Meiko to get a year of NXT time, she’s obviously spectacular, and I have zero faith the main roster would invest any time in her due to her age, but on NXT she could get the spotlight on a big run.

Aliyah im surprised hasn’t been future endeavoured yet, and the one with the name like an Italian car seems like she’s someone that will one day be added to the Riott Squad or Absolution and I wouldn’t even notice.

Rhea Ripley is Baszler lite.
Take these views with a grain of salt, I don't watch NXT (or any WWE programming, really).
Io is really good but probably a bit overrated. Sort of like a female version of Kenny Omega. She will be under-utilised after her NXT run and end up being a female midcard comedy act, much like Asuka and probably Kairi soon enough. I have almost zero doubt that those three will end up in a stable together under Vince. Also, the "WWE-style" will change her matches for the worse, significantly.
Kairi is fine but definitely not as good as the public perception of her. One of those wrestlers that has a "cute UwU" social media presence which distorts fan perception. Best elbow drop in the game.
Le Rae is bad. No connection for me. I'll take this opportunity to say that Gargano is awful at everything about WWE-style "sports entertainment" except for working an underdog babyface match in ring.
Baszler is great, probably the best woman they have on their entire roster bar maybe Becky.
Already gave thoughts on Storm. She's got no personality, no physical charisma and works boring move Britwres-style matches. I'm firmly in the out camp. Will probably be big on the main roster because she's blonde and attractive, hooray for Vince.
I've seen like 3 Kai matches and I've got nothing for you. Seems fine. Surprisingly funny in the snippets I've seen of her outside the ring.

Meiko isn't going to end up in WWE ever, IMO, especially in NXT. She doesn't need it, she's already one of the best 10 workers in the world, regardless of gender, plus she owns, books and stars in her own promotion in Japan. There's always the possibility she works matches here and there, but anything other than that would be genuinely shocking.

Athlai, I really recommend you watch some Joshi. Sendai Girls, Stardom, TJPW, Seadlinnng, Ice Ribbon, OZ Academy etc all have a shockingly high standard of wrestling. The main event from the big Sendai show last week is better than anything on that Evolution card, comfortably.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Does Stardom have a big annual show?
They have a year-end climax show in December and the annual anniversary show in January (I think?). They just finished their big singles round-robin tournament, the 5-star GP, a few weeks ago. The finale show with the two semi-finals and the final was absolutely fantastic, the final probably one of my top 10 matches of the year. Stardom is pretty cool if you can look past the weird, almost pedophilic, nature of the owner.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's gotta be a way for me to watch WWE without commentary or with commentary in a language I don't understand. I'd be able to stomach more than 10 minutes of it with Japanese commentary.
hahaha in my dying days of having a subscription I watched some random PPV in I think German

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I saw someone (who isn't an Important Person or anything) say once that Stardom does sports entertainment better than any wrestling company in the world and from the bits I see of it, I totally get it.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
hahaha in my dying days of having a subscription I watched some random PPV in I think German
It's just so abysmal dude, I don't know how people can stomach it. I think I'd probably watch RAW if I could get it with Japanese commentary. Even the Japanese IPTV service I use just has English comms with subtitles.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Cole's commentary on the Evolution show wasn't nearly as obnoxious as usual I thought. Presumably because VKM didn't give a **** about the show and wasn't producing it or something.

Also it's been said before, but it sucks so bad when they pair Rousey up with some schlub like Nikki Bella and then try to make out they are comparable athletes and that the latter has a realistic change of blocking armbars etc.

The LWS match was really good though. Should have mainevented. Would take or leave most of the rest of the card.