• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't miss the actual content of the attitude era so much, but the general buzz around the product and excited crowds Etc.

Athlai

Not Terrible
AE had some great segments but man 95% of the matches were ****.

Ruthless aggression best era.

NXT has been fantastic TV for years on a WWE roster side of things.

I’ve loved everything from Zayn finally winning the championship to getting betrayed, to the KO era, to the Balor Era, to the Bayley era to the Asuka era, to the DIY era which we are still in. It’s sort of crazy to think how over and compelling Bayley was when she finally became champion.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
We'll see. If this supposed recording of the bloke's murder is confirmed as existing I don't see how they can go through with it.

andmark

International Captain
We'll see. If this supposed recording of the bloke's murder is confirmed as existing I don't see how they can go through with it.
I guess the standards I'd expect (rather than hope) the WWE would keep are a bit lower than yours. Still, we can but hope.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I guess the standards I'd expect (rather than hope) the WWE would keep are a bit lower than yours. Still, we can but hope.
WWE are crass and Vince is hardly politically correct and would probably not care that much about the current Saudi Arabia fiasco. But WWE is a publicly traded company, Linda McMahon is on Trumps cabinet. If there are going to be actual unilateral political repercussions against Saudi Arabia WWE won’t be anywhere near it.

andmark

International Captain
WWE are crass and Vince is hardly politically correct and would probably not care that much about the current Saudi Arabia fiasco. But WWE is a publicly traded company, Linda McMahon is on Trumps cabinet. If there are going to be actual unilateral political repercussions against Saudi Arabia WWE won’t be anywhere near it.
I'd hope so, but still, I am uncertain that they would/will back out. I guess we can only wait, although a joint-investigation, which will probably take some time, leaves me pessimistic.

andmark

International Captain
If I ran a wrestling promotion, I just couldn't give the main show the acronym of BFG. It just isn't right. The main event may as well be for a golden ticket.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Charlotte coming out as Edge's white Knight was lolbad. Crowd rightly crapped on it

On Edge though, his 2 mins on the mic before anyone else came out showcased the gulf between him and what they have available now.