• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Look on the bright side, they've managed to bat for 2 innings without losing a single wicket to the bowlers. If they learn to run between the wickets they could be serious prospects

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I think Australia were already well aware that this was going to happen and (hopefully) planned accordingly

TheJediBrah

I think Australia were already well aware that this was going to happen and (hopefully) planned accordingly
Why would they expect that? Afaik most tour games are at least an attempt at a decent hit-out. India never do this. It's only been Sri Lanka and now Pakistan (that I'm aware of).

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Why would they expect that? Afaik most tour games are at least an attempt at a decent hit-out. India never do this. It's only been Sri Lanka and now Pakistan (that I'm aware of).
They spent most of the preparation for the previous Indian series in Dubai didn't they?

TheJediBrah

They spent most of the preparation for the previous Indian series in Dubai didn't they?
That was just for extra practice, not because they thought India would do something dodgy. I'm pretty sure before the 2017 series there was still a regulation tour match in India.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I recall watching videos of one of our Aus' up matches for one of the 2013 and the most recent series in India and thinking 'jeez, those are some unusually grassy pitches for India', and the teams were much more pace-oriented, though we did face some amount of decent enough spin (Nadeem, Rasool, Saxena etc). They definitely did it against England in '12-13 and maybe SA '15-16 too.

Daemon

I recall watching videos of one of our Aus' up matches for one of the 2013 and the most recent series in India and thinking 'jeez, those are some unusually grassy pitches for India', and the teams were much more pace-oriented, though we did face some amount of decent enough spin (Nadeem, Rasool, Saxena etc). They definitely did it against England in '12-13 and maybe SA '15-16 too.
Well Rasool took 7-45 so I don't think it was a pace bowling wicket.

Australia followed on in the 2nd warm up as well, losing 0 wickets to pace.

Tom Flint

International Regular
English media over here was going mad before the ashes this year that aus had such a weak amateur side out for our warm ups. But then they ended up doing okay if remember correctly

Borges

International Regular
Why would they expect that?
It is not unreasonable to expect that there would be tit for tat in these matters.
Australia put out an utterly rubbish team for the warm up when Pakistan toured; now it is Pakistan's turn to retaliate.

Reciprocity is the key; this kind of nonsense will keep going on till the various BCCIs come to their senses and reach some kind of agreement regarding the quality of opposition provided to visiting teams for their warm up games.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Thought I'd slap this up here as I adore Richie, and this kind of thing just exemplifies just how quick-witted the great man was.