• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Initially had Boycs over Gavaskar but went with the latter for the sake of diversity.
I've generally heard that Boycott was very hard to get along with in the dressing room too, I haven't heard the same for Gavaskar.
The cheat and general prick part is true for all Aussies on the list is what I meant, lol.
Maybe you need to alter your grammar. It doesn't come across like you're saying that tstl.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've generally heard that Boycott was very hard to get along with in the dressing room too, I haven't heard the same for Gavaskar.

Maybe you need to alter your grammar. It doesn't come across like you're saying that tstl.
Yeah I skipped a couple of important words there. My bad. Final Prick xI looks good though.

Bolo

State Captain
Hardly a fair comparison. Pretty sure cricket in Bradman's time was far bigger than Squash has been ever. Afaik cricket was making front page news regularly, played on the radio often and was one of the biggest sports in Australia and England.

Closest thing to a relevant comparison in this thread so far though
You are comparing them as spectator sports. Squash is a tiny spectator sport, because it's not possible to have more than a handful of people viewing it (plus it's just a poor spectator sport in general tbh).

As a participant sport (excluding gully cricket) the opposite is true, because there isn't the space to play. Squash has a lot of players. A town of 20000 I lived in had 70 teams playing league, and far more players play socially than play in teams, because it's not a sport that you need a team to play.

As a professional sport, squash will always be small because of lack of money due to the issue as a spectator sport. But cricket had very few professionals in Bradmans time. I'm not sure there were any other than in England and AUS.

A direct comparison is extremely difficult, but it's not unfair.

OverratedSanity

Not including prolific fixers since that'd be too easy.

Arsehole XI:

Boycott
Warner
Ponting
S Waugh
Miandad
Ganguly
Haddin
Adcock
Roy Gilchrist
Harbhajan
McGrath

Coach: Ravi Shastri

With Shane Warne and Botham on commentary

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Challenge accepted.

Trumper
-
-
-
Miller
Noble
Gilchrist
-
-
-
-
Gilchrist was a holier than thou prick. It'd be ok if he just walked and didn't expect others to do the same, but he'd sledge opposition batsmen for standing their ground all the time.

trundler

Gilchrist was a holier than thou prick. It'd be ok if he just walked and didn't expect others to do the same, but he'd sledge opposition batsmen for standing their ground all the time.
Sure but he walked in a WC semi final, despite being Australian.

OverratedSanity

Not a complete wanker Australia XI

Rogers
Morris
-
-
Hussey
Miller
Paine
Benaud
-
-
Gillespie
SoK ( Ok, he's got his flaws but Warne hates him so that automatically makes him a top guy in my book)

trundler

Not a complete wanker Australia XI

Rogers
Morris
-
-
Hussey
Miller
Paine
Benaud
-
-
Gillespie
SoK ( Ok, he's got his flaws but Warne hates him so that automatically makes him a top guy in my book)
SoK? Benaud a top selection. 3 all rounders who weren't pricks now. Uncanny.

Last edited:

trundler

Trumper
Woodfull
-
Morris (he did bat in the middle order I think)
Miller
Noble
Gilchrist/Paine
Benaud
Gilllespie

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Trumper
Woodfull
-
Morris (he did bat in the middle order I think)
Miller
Noble
Gilchrist/Paine
Benaud
Gilllespie
Morris only batted in the middle order a couple of times at Test level, but Trumper did it lots and actually had a better record there. Should swap 'em IMO.