• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Jack1

International Debutant
also shri wasn't the first to identify pant, he just hypes up every single good young new player. pp shaw is another one of his favourites.
Really cute, trying to defend a troll that said he sucks.

This place is real cute. Lots of high post count regulars that are trolls. Doubt I’ll be here much longer and you can go back to trolling each other over the internet. Tbh I think I will stop wasting my time here after reading this page of posts. Good riddance.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

This place is real cute. Lots of high post count regulars that are trolls. Doubt I’ll be here much longer and you can go back to trolling each other over the internet. Tbh I think I will stop wasting my time here after reading this page of posts. Good riddance.
How is that post defending Shri? Please explain John. I really like your posts and this is a great point you have brought up. Make a thread on it John. I think it will generate much discourse and I'm keen to hear your views on the topic.

TheJediBrah

How is that post defending Shri? Please explain John. I really like your posts and this is a great point you have brought up. Make a thread on it John. I think it will generate much discourse and I'm keen to hear your views on the topic.
omg stahp

I'm surprised his farewell post didn't also include a jab at Dhonis SR tbh
given the unreliability of his "I'm putting you on ignore posts", I wouldn't get my hopes up that he's genuinely leaving

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guess it's probably best to keep Karthik in for the first game and see how it goes. Must be tempting to try out Pant though. A session of counterattack by him and Pandya could be match winning.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Guess it's probably best to keep Karthik in for the first game and see how it goes. Must be tempting to try out Pant though. A session of counterattack by him and Pandya could be match winning.
Would be hilarious to see Pant, Pandya and Shami repeatedly hit anderson straight back over his head for sixes...but it probably won't happen.

trundler

I'm the only one who showed up to school today and John's meltdown is the only thing that's keeping me going.

trundler

Daemon providing valuable insight on which posters are quality. What would we do without this indispensable service?

Daemon

I have backed Kuldeep since I saw him in under 19 world cup ftr.
whats truly impressive is when someone backs a player who's not performed well and they get good. u19 stars like kuldeep, pp, kishan and pant don't count imo.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Just read that piece on Cricket Monthly. India's slip catching has been horrendous to say the least and I used to think Pakistan are poor. If India lose this series, it will be because of their fielding. Kohli will drop Root off Ishant Sharma on 17 and both Root and Ishant will have a hundred by the end of the day.

Last edited:

SteveWaugh

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Lmao Shri was the first member on this website to identify Pants talent and has been rooting for him to be in the side for years.

Bit rich to not even know the members here but then throw around accusations of jealousy, CSK fandom and calling people idiots on a forum.

Pant definitely sucks relative to Saha. Experience means a lot and this is a 5 Test Series, with no breaks in between games. If he gets into a bad rut early or begins to struggle there is a good chance he'll find it hard to recover due a lack of experience. Karthik would definitely adapt easier, he's played here a lot.

Karthik also isn't as bad a keeper as he is being made out to be. His keeping skill is what got him into the side to begin with all those years ago, his batting has only gone to the next level recently.
Be clear and rational. Elucidate on why Karthik would adapt easier. By the way, it is not about adaptation, it is about the final level of performance.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Be clear and rational. Elucidate on why Karthik would adapt easier. By the way, it is not about adaptation, it is about the final level of performance.
Kinda agree with this. Just not sure Pant is ready for the test setup. But there is only one way to know. Hope he gets to play, but Karthik just *seems* a safer choice, even though he might not be the better one.

cnerd123

likes this
It's pretty obvious. He's played there before. Several times, for India and India A. More than Pant has. The ball in England swings after passing the batsmen, and the Duke behaves and feels different to the SG, He's actually experienced that, he'll know what adjustments to make when keeping better than Pant does.

Furthermore, there is a difference between Test and FC cricket. Karthik has experienced Test cricket intensity, he knows what it's like to keep wicket there. Pant does not.

Also this:

Experience means a lot and this is a 5 Test Series, with no breaks in between games. If he gets into a bad rut early or begins to struggle there is a good chance he'll find it hard to recover due a lack of experience.

SteveWaugh

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Kinda agree with this. Just not sure Pant is ready for the test setup. But there is only one way to know. Hope he gets to play, but Karthik just *seems* a safer choice, even though he might not be the better one.
Well put. ***** must understand that when making choices, you do not go for the safer choice but the better choice. Going with safer choices would result in us having a short-term keeper for 2-3 years, and Pant having wasted even more of his years on the bench, and not developing for the international.

Pant already has the high-baseline level of talent and productivity to get into the Test team.