• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Jack1

International Debutant
Mazher Arshad
‏Verified account @MazherArshad

England's discipline on the field in ODIs has been astonishing. They have gone 9880 deliveries without overstepping, 4257 deliveries without a free-hit and Jos Buttler has kept in 15 consecutive ODIs without conceding a bye (an England record). #EngvInd

Goes someway to show why England are doing well. They may not have outstanding bowlers but they tend to be disciplined in the field. Guys like Willey, Plunkett, Woakes are all not just ok bowlers, and #batdeep, they are also very good fielders/athletes. Multidimensional cricketers. One of the reasons Willey (and Billings) have stayed around the squad is their fielding. At the England fitness testing, iirc Willey tends to win the athletic testing- 10 yard sprint, vertical jump etc,
Good post and correct.

I made a point when people were posting ATG teams that a lot of people were forgetting about the fielding too. A team is an all-round package. England are a great team and try to make the most of every player they have in the best interests of the team.

Interesting stats there.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rather than investing in shardul, it would have been wise to look for a left arm fast bowler which we are missing since Zaheer left. Don't we have any promising lefty pacers in domestic circuit. Barinder sran is off the radar. Last I heard abt Rajneesh Gurbani was in Ranji Trophy. Any other bowlers in ur minds!!!!!!?
What about this guy?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I get what John's saying. It's somewhat like Baz's knock in the WC semi final against SA. It just let the batsmen coming in breathe that much easier. If Root and co come in knowing they need to only knock it around at barely 4.5 rpo, the games already won.
Yeah that's true for Baz's knock, not so much Bairstow's. When Bairstow got out, England were 43/1. That isn't exactly the point where the new batsmen can take it easy chasing 260

SillyCowCorner1

Yeah that's true for Baz's knock, not so much Bairstow's. When Bairstow got out, England were 43/1. That isn't exactly the point where the new batsmen can take it easy chasing 260
Prior to Bairstow's dismissal, Yuzvendra was seen warming up to bowl the next over. What happened next was Bairstow falling...and instead of bringing the spinner to bowl to the new batsman, he brought back Bhuvneshwar. That's where India lost this game. That moment right there was the downfall. A ****y Kohli became ****led.

Bijed

International Regular
Interesting; a ball above waist height is more likely than one where the bowler oversteps.
I guess maybe the ODI bowlers are coached to be more cautious wrt overstepping since you really don't want to be giving away free runs plus an extra ball, whereas the high full toss will sometimes just happen. Also may be what we've seen in tests where umpires just aren't spotting/calling no-balls as much as they should.

OverratedSanity

Our only good keepr and catcher behind the stumps injured, our best bowler for the conditions injured, Kohli not being able to play in the counties, Pujara in rubbish form, Bumrah and Shami also suffering from fitness issues, a complete no-rounder in Shardul being picked in the squad....

I try to go against my nature and be much more positive these days but man this has not been ideal preparation.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Umesh and ishant don't usually get injured. We should play one more pacer and play Kuldeep+Ashwin. Bowling's sorted. Batting is shaky af though.

Cow Corner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Pandya is almost a definite shoo-in for India in away series as he fulfills the fast bowling allrounder role. At home, we can get away with 2 spinners + 2 fast men. With Bhuvi adding to the batting depth, we could perhaps have looked at 5 bowlers but now that is too risky. We can't be playing 4 number 11s in the team.

So the bowling line up = Pandya, Ashwin, Umesh, Shami, Ishant. Shami will get injured after 2 matches and then Bumrah will slot in. I don't see Bhuvi playing any part of this series.

Batting wise it's high time KL Rahul replaces Pujara.

Daemon

This has all the familiar workings of a standard tour of England. Can't wait for things to go **** up proper.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The fitter team won the test series. While Indian players usually play 12 months a year till their body breaks down, the English focus on player preservation and fitness. 3-4 players already gonners. That's 25 percent of the team gone before the tests have even started. Little prima dona IPL mascara wearing jokers.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Pandya is almost a definite shoo-in for India in away series as he fulfills the fast bowling allrounder role. At home, we can get away with 2 spinners + 2 fast men. With Bhuvi adding to the batting depth, we could perhaps have looked at 5 bowlers but now that is too risky. We can't be playing 4 number 11s in the team.

So the bowling line up = Pandya, Ashwin, Umesh, Shami, Ishant. Shami will get injured after 2 matches and then Bumrah will slot in. I don't see Bhuvi playing any part of this series.

Batting wise it's high time KL Rahul replaces Pujara.
From an English perspective, Rahul is a much less threatening prospect than Pujara. I don't personally see how Rahul has done enough right in the longer format to dislodge a bloke who averages 50. Albeit his away record and performance in the county championship hasn't been great, he needs to be backed for this series. With injuries unsettling the side, although more generally with the bowlers, I can't see drastic changes like this happening before the series begins.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Our only good keepr and catcher behind the stumps injured, our best bowler for the conditions injured, Kohli not being able to play in the counties, Pujara in rubbish form, Bumrah and Shami also suffering from fitness issues, a complete no-rounder in Shardul being picked in the squad....

I try to go against my nature and be much more positive these days but man this has not been ideal preparation.
This is going to be a long 5 match series where India will find themselves in strong positions on a number of occasions..possibly win the series so your gambhiring in this thread will go down as legendary in CricketWeb history books

FBU

International Debutant
Most overs bowled in a series

Ashwin 307.1 v Eng 2016/17
Jadeja 290.1 v Eng 2016/17
I Sharma 173.3 v Eng 2011
Bhuvi 172.5 v Eng 2014
U Yadav 129.0 v Aus 2016/17
Shami 126.3 vAus 2014
Bumrah 112.1 v SA 2017/18
H Pandya 51.0 v SA 2017/18

Anderson 223.3 v Aus 2017/18
Broad 195.0 v Aus 2017/18
Ali 188.1 v Ind 2016/17
Woakes 167.0 v Aus 2017/18
Wood 118.4 v Aus 2015
Stokes 116.5 v Aus 2013/14
Leach 51.0 v NZ 2018
Curran 14.1 v Pak 2018

Apart from Broad and Anderson how many will last 5 Tests?