• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand 2018

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
yeah. beating india and pakistan was nice too but there's always something satisfying about beating a team who are more familliar with our conditions and playing style than most.

pretty sure we have bangladesh and SL next summer lol. no one will show up and david white will cancel all test cricket like the paraplegic ****roach he is.
I like the prospect of Bangladesh playing more overseas Tests than they have in the past few years, but.. NZ again? Didn't Bangladesh in NZ only happen like last week?

Flem274*

123/5
let us all revel in this schedule.

doesn't start so bad with 3 tests in the UAE against pakistan in October with plenty of odis. you know, a good chunky tour

then we get into the big business of the home summer. sri lanka arrive for 2 tests and 3 odis on december pitches. we've never seen this before.

then the crown jewel of the summer - india arrive for 5 odis and 3 t20s in the january/february holiday season

the self proclaimed tigers of bangladesh arrive in february-march for 3 tests (ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha won't happen) and 3 odis.

then there's nothing until october 2019 when australia pop over for 3 odis

#killalldavidwhites

Athlai

Not Terrible
Poster results

Phlegm 245 posts @ mildly amusing, only the occasional knee jerk into ultra pessimism but his Wagner digs at Howsie always appreciated
straw man 244 posts @ the Neil Wagner level, kept battling away. Earnestly surprised he didn’t have the most posts in the thread, always enjoyable to watch even when there’s not much going on
Athlai 196 posts @ weird guy in crowd in Cookie Monster outfit. Not quite to his usual prolific level but bringing in haikus at the last session of day five in the decider meant he finished the series in style
Zinzan 161 posts @ Guptills 12th man position. Definitely enjoyed himself on the sidelines this time round, everything went his way but didn’t have to face to many deliveries.
Ed 155 posts @ the pub. Best innings was his emotional roller coaster with the tail at the end, made it a lot funnier to watch this at work.
Bahnz I closed the posts page @ darlingface. Managed to get called darlingface again, ending a golden Kiwi summer.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I like the prospect of Bangladesh playing more overseas Tests than they have in the past few years, but.. NZ again? Didn't Bangladesh in NZ only happen like last week?
Not everyone invites angry, weird kids to play at their homes.

Flem274*

123/5
i hope all 5 india odis get rained off. NZC would go bankrupt without say, a long england tour supported by travelling fans, to fall back on

like i sympathise with SL because we know what it's like to have no one wanting to play with you because you don't make any money (bangladesh can get ****ed), but our mutual solution appears to be to play each other as often as possible during parts of the season where the tourist will be struggling the most to adjust, and then only play each other for 5 minutes per format.

Last edited:

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Congrats NZ. well deserved. should have been more than 2 tests.

My thoughts.

Bairstow should be batting up the order. Don't care if he still wants the gloves. Tell him it's for the good of the team and bring in Foakes.

Leech did ok. He doesn't bowl many bad balls. It's a start. That pitch offered nothing.

The third seamer is probably going to be TRJ at home this summer and the wickets will be green. Won't solve anything.

Cook will not be dropped. Whether he decides to pack it in I don't know though. Last summer I was of the mind we're even more utterly screwed without him but we're not really missing out on much atm. I'd expect Stoneman will keep his place for now. I don't think Vince has it in him long term but I see something about Malan.

The ECB are making things worse with the county scheduling.

We're utterly utterly screwed when Jimmy retires.

Meh.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
An ICC spokesperson confirmed to cricket.com.au that NZ (currently on 102.263 ranking points) will overtake Australia (who will drop to 102.2 if they lose) by .063 points should South Africa secure a 3-1 series victory. A draw in Johannesburg and 2-1 ledger would see the Aussies remain in third.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/tes...ustralia-south-africa-third-fourth/2018-04-03
This is what I thought too. I did the test predictor thing before these tests started. If New Zealand won 1-0 , SA would have to win 3-1 for New Zealand to go 3rd and for SA to go 1 point behind India.

But looking at the predictor again it seems like the 3-year adjustments stuffs that up

https://www.icc-cricket.com/rankings/mens/rankings-predictor/test

91Jmay

International Coach
Yep, England at best mediocre at the moment (probably being kind as well). NZ fully deserve series win, dropping Sodhi cost us game ironically.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
So bad that India aren't playing tests. What else are they doing after the Australia tour? They'd have toured everywhere else and played a lot of home tests against all the major tests teams in the last 2-3 years.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
5 ODIs, 3 t20s and zero tests in 2018-19
FFS. Could easily have had something like 3 ODIs, 1 T20 and a couple of Tests. I suspect we wouldn't get much joy against NZ in Tests ATM, their pitches have nothing in them for our type of bowlers. Unless we happen to bowl first and Bhuvi randomly goes ballistic in the first session.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
If Cook was dropped he'd simply score a million runs at Essex, basically showing himself to be the only viable opener (in two positions) irrespective and make the ECB look a bit foolish.

And England was once famed for her openers!

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So bad that India aren't playing tests. What else are they doing after the Australia tour? They'd have toured everywhere else and played a lot of home tests against all the major tests teams in the last 2-3 years.
Just a ton of ODIs. Think there's a home ODI series against Aus too. Guess it makes sense to prepare for the WC but surely a couple of tests should have been possible.