• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Big Bash League 2017/18

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Christian gets a single off the second last ball of the match to surely ensure a not out. an amazing performance by dan the man

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
strikers win the bbl because the gades picked holland and didn't bowl him basically
That really was a bizarre move. But hey strikers won fair and square. An amazing effort from Weatherald, Rashad, Siddle and co.

TheJediBrah

For all the wanking about how there's so much tactical planning that goes into this format of the game there seems to be so much dumb **** happening
The biggest one was Renegades selecting Holland and then not bowling him because they were playing against a team of left-handers.

Then still ****ing up the run chase and finishing 1 run short when they had plenty of wickets in hand

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
former australian selector Jamie Cox:

Jamie Cox‏Verified account @jamiecox1969
Anyone else turn on tv to watch @BBL final in find it 3/4 over? Guess I need to read TV guide! ����
I just got home expecting it to be on, can't believe it's over already :O

the big bambino

International Captain
Not that it matters now, and well done Strikers, but does anyone know why Stanlake wasn't released for the final? Strikers were depleted enough minus Rashid without losing BS as well.

TheJediBrah

Not that it matters now, and well done Strikers, but does anyone know why Stanlake wasn't released for the final? Strikers were depleted enough minus Rashid without losing BS as well.
work load. Fast bowlers are different to batsmen.

Personally I think he could have been given the break between games after but what do I know

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The biggest one was Renegades selecting Holland and then not bowling him because they were playing against a team of left-handers.
Haha yeah. I think this whole 'not bowling spinners who turn the ball into batsmen' thing is a really dire trend in cricket at the moment... but even if you bought into it, why the **** select him in the first place knowing who you'll be playing against? I don't think Adelaide went in with a bunch of shock selections to throw them off; they should've known it was going to almost all lefties going in.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I know his team won but did Lehmann have a really poor tournament?
Every time I looked at the score cards he hadn't made any runs. Batting 6 seems a strange position for him in a t20. Should either be higher or not selected as don't seem much of a bosher at the end of the innings?

TheJediBrah

I know his team won but did Lehmann have a really poor tournament?
Every time I looked at the score cards he hadn't made any runs. Batting 6 seems a strange position for him in a t20. Should either be higher or not selected as don't seem much of a bosher at the end of the innings?
I can't recall him ever coming in with more than a few overs to bat. It's just a **** job, especially when your top order always stay in so long. You either "succeed" and make 14* (8) or fail completely. Your stats are inevitably going to look like trash unless.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't recall him ever coming in with more than a few overs to bat. It's just a **** job, especially when your top order always stay in so long. You either "succeed" and make 14* (8) or fail completely. Your stats are inevitably going to look like trash unless.
Happens to him a lot in the one day games too, it's a bit unseemly when you have fellas like Jono Dean ahead of you in the order.

Spikey

Jono Dean: good hair, can catch
Jake Lehmann: ugly as all sin, cannot catch

open and shut case imo

the big bambino

International Captain
From a parochial pov the best moment of the summer was the ashes obvs, but from a fan's pov I really enjoyed the influence of leg spinners in this year's BBL. Rashid Khan was the bowler I most looked forward to seeing but my favourite recollection of the summer was Fawad's wrong 'un that pinned Voges' middle stump. Dead ***y. I still touch myself thinking about it.