• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Once again it has to be asked why we continue to schedule matches against them there.
Can't schedule matches against SA in Sydney or Melbourne (due to scheduling). So that leaves only 4 venues they can play. WA is filed with SA ex-pats due to all the mining. And it's probably in a better time zone for SA. It's also a great time zone for the eastern states and SA are bigger than the other team that tours when they do. CA like games to go 5 days for the revenue so they tend to give touring teams the venues which will help them the most.

All of those factors combine and Brisbane usually misses out in hosting SA.

Tbf they would probably make monster second innings totals here in Brisbane as well.

Victor Ian

International Coach
They need to stop this starting tests on Thursday stuff. Part of me feels that they can't prepare anything but a road because they MUST make sure Saturday and Sunday are attended.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Once again it has to be asked why we continue to schedule matches against them there.
Ever since I've been watching it seems as though we go out of our way to give touring sides the conditions that suited them most. Asian sides rarely got Perth or Brisbane, always got Sydney, South Africa always got Perth etc.

I know they never did it on purpose of course

Starfighter

They need to stop this starting tests on Thursday stuff. Part of me feels that they can't prepare anything but a road because they MUST make sure Saturday and Sunday are attended.
I don't understand it either. Seems to be from tradition when you'd have three days then the rest day on Sunday, or a three day match in the time when matches or only three days. Friday would be better attendance and viewership-wise because people will be more inclined to take a day off or leave work early on Friday, while leaving the main portion of play for the weekend. By the time you get to the fourth day's play the course of the match is generally well set so those less inclined to watch won't.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
I think the death of Phil Hughes and Johnson sconing Kohli at Adelaide wouldn't have helped, I'd imagine scaring the **** out of batsmen became less fun after that then you get that pitch first up the following summer and you must ask yourself what the point is.
Maybe, but he was pretty upfront throughout that summer and the previous that he hated those pitches and that he cbf bowling on them for a living.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe, but he was pretty upfront throughout that summer and the previous that he hated those pitches and that he cbf bowling on them for a living.
Mentality of almost every Indian domestic pace bowler back in the day

Flem274*

123/5
pretty sure the 160kph ball was the one that got driven straight back past him for four too haha

though he did get an edge, or a play and miss or something from some 145-150ish slower ball. i remember that passage of play because kane got out with an attempt at a piss take of pull shot, basically treating haze like a toy too much and then starc found a hyper gear and there was a contest for like 30 minutes until normality resumed until taylors nervous 290s.

Flem274*

123/5
good bet the speed gun was full of ****.
they used to blatantly crank them for australian T20s (i remember one in perth where i don't think australia bowled a ball under 155kph all night) but starc was legit that day. everyone else was bowling their usual speeds or slower in fading johnson and broken boults case. starc just clicked

the big bambino

International Captain
maybe but the sight of an endless highway all the way to the horizon of the 5th day doesn't encourage fast men to break their backs. could all their speeds were exaggerated with the others bowling slower than normal but the speed gun cranked to say they were bowling heat. after all it is perth and it has a reputation for zing to maintain.

Starfighter

I remember in the 11/12 series against India everyone was supposedly bowling 5-6 km/h slower at Perth than the other venues.