• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 1st Test at Brisbane

Cow

Banned
Yet again Warner scores the tough important 3rd-4th innings runs while Smith continues to score meaningless 1st innings tons under no pressure

#blocky
Warner is great in 2nd innings at home.

Eng need to make changes.

Stokes in for Ball.

Joshua in for Woakes

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
man taylor really loves talking about the pitch but i'm not really sure he knows what he's talking about

SeamUp

International Coach
Paine getting praise for his supersonic hearing to go DRS for Broad's dismissal.

Bancroft has opened 123 times in FC cricket and faced the first ball on 122 ocassions . Wants to get into the game and take it on.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Poms really have no answer to the downhill skiing combination for Australia here.

First inning where runs were really needed our top order collapses. Second innings with a small target, they cruise along.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England's efforts since lunch yesterday have been pretty poor. Let a game that they had relative control over significantly slip.

Spark

Global Moderator
Is Jason Ball usually this trash? Of all the random seamers England have tried out over the last few years, only Jade Dernbach has immediately stuck out as being less impressive.

EDIT: I guess he is coming back from an injury though.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Geez, this has been a slaughter since Starc was dismissed yesterday. The ease with which Bancroft & Warner have batted shows how poor England batted. Sure, Australia bowled well but this is an excellent batting pitch and to fold so easily suggests gloomy times ahead for the tourists.

iirc on the podcast I predicted Oz would win 3-2 but 5-0 looks on the cards now. Australia’s pace bowling was patchy but they were still initimidating Eng with short stuff regularly and that could only get worse from here.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's still only 21, he might not play for a few years but he'll be back, that I'm confident of.
With openers it's not that simple, but you're right he's a baby. Warner is likely taking up one spot for the next five years and if Bancroft successfully establishes himself well then that's that

That's why I thought it was a little cheeky the selectors saying Renshaw should just go and make some runs to force his way back. Maxwell is in a better spot as he can bat 3-6