• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm just guessing here, but when I watched the presser, I think Kohli' comments were fuelled mainly by Maxwell mocking his shoulder injury. It was excused as "not a big deal" in this thread because Maxwell and Kohli were friends off the field. But looking at how Kohli did that dumb shoulder celebration thing later on, he clearly did not appreciate it. Has to be one of the things he was referring to when he said "it would be different now".

Still think Kohli's a ****, but if that's why he said what he said, then I can understand him. Did think that incident got shoved under the carpet too easily here.

indiaholic

International Captain
Reason i didn't think much about it was because
a) Maxwell has a cherubic smile that makes it difficult to remain angry at him
b) He just did it for a second, while he was near the boundary and not in Kohli's face.. Makes me feel he did it more to pop his team mates than as.an attack on Kohli

srbhkshk

International Captain
Reason i didn't think much about it was because
a) Maxwell has a cherubic smile that makes it difficult to remain angry at him
b) He just did it for a second, while he was near the boundary and not in Kohli's face.. Makes me feel he did it more to pop his team mates than as.an attack on Kohli
How do you separate these two things?

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't think Kohli was impressed with Smith calling Vijay a cheat up in the dressing room. Kohli's obviously very emotional as a person, but he's always been that way so idk why people are surprised. I'd rather have him speak his mind than make some dipolmatic comments anyways. As far as his batting form goes it'll be back up soon, he was due a failure anyways with the bat, love that we won despite him not scoring runs.

indiaholic

International Captain
Don't think Kohli was impressed with Smith calling Vijay a cheat up in the dressing room. Kohli's obviously very emotional as a person, but he's always been that way so idk why people are surprised. I'd rather have him speak his mind than make some dipolmatic comments anyways. As far as his batting form goes it'll be back up soon, he was due a failure anyways with the bat, love that we won despite him not scoring runs.
When did this happen?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Delighted to have KL come through. There is be a great story here of him overcoming temperamental issues and rising above himself to keep at bay the fantastic challenge Australia managed to pose.

If Vijay gets his groove back as well, I'm going to give India a 50-50 shot at beating the Saffers away this December. Holy ****. Why is it so far away?!

srbhkshk

International Captain
Didn't repeat it which would have made it obvious it was a sledge.. Did not do it while standing anywhere near Kohli which you would do if you wanted to mock the player.
He would have to be an enormous idiot to repeat it, I feel doing it once made it pretty clear what it was supposed to be. There are n other ways to help your team compared to making fun of someone's injury.
Kohli is taking a lot of flak in this thread, I dare say most of that is because he failed as batsman in the series, but does one really expect him to take Australia abusing the DRS rules [Real or not,he felt that they were doing it, Smith was caught at least once and Australia's reviewing immediately went to the dogs after it was pointed out. ]. Or is it given that one should just laugh off the other teams player making fun of his Injury? or being called Trump in that nations media? or one of his team-mate being called a ****ing cheat by the opposing teams captain?

Everyone is just having a go at him because he failed, not because he lacked reasons for his words.

indiaholic

International Captain
Fine if you guys think that it was some kind of a sledge i guess.. I didn't see it like that. This is not even as bad as a fast bowler threatening to hit you on the head but yeah each to his own.

srbhkshk

International Captain
This is serious thought police stuff.

Are we going to say 'Kohli calls xyz a mother****er' just because he says madarchod while celebrating a wicket?
There's a difference between directed and general abuses, besides, cheat is a strong word in sports.