• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia 2015

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
From what I've read, Guptill will likely be persisted with...................... He needs to go asap, he's terrible in Test cricket... averages 20 if you exclude minnows and WI.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
From what I've read, Guptill will likely be persisted with...................... He needs to go asap, he's terrible in Test cricket... averages 20 if you exclude minnows and WI.
If they drop him, the next cab of the rank is perennial tourist / dire test batsman Hamish Rutherford.
This is as per the current cliquey system.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Except that wasn't a no ball, and the concept of things evening out is totally bogus - context means everything, one wrong decision occurring at one point in the game does not cancel out another wrong decision at a different point in the game.
Exactly, for all we know if Lyon had been give out Starc would have made 100 and Nevill 150* and NZ lost by an innings. Absolutely pointless trying to pick individual moments out as match deciding. Unless it's like 9 down and a plumb lbw gets given not out then fair enough.

I used to do that watching when I was a kid, brb "we lost because of this decision, umpires fault etc." but as you grow up you realise how silly that is.

And not that it matters at all, but while the no-ball was close, there's no doubt it was a no-ball. I can see why some viewers got confused when they showed the previous frame with his foot still in the air and seemingly behind the line.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
If they drop him, the next cab of the rank is perennial tourist / dire test batsman Hamish Rutherford.
This is as per the current cliquey system.
Why can't they give some youngster a chance? Why not Michael Bracewell or Jeet Rawal?

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Southee got onto the batsmens pads too much tonight. There were too many four balls from him and Craig. Bracewell was excellent again.
I reckon Kane when have done better than Craig had McCullum had the gumption to give a bowl instead.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Running through a side, as in taking 3-4 wickets over 1-2 overs which causes a huge momentum shift and puts pressure on the opposition.
Struggling to think of any current/recent bowlers who can do that not named Steyn or Johnson tbh. You're setting a very high bar.

thundaboult

International Debutant
It's not just a world class player, we need a player who loves playing under pressure and can see the team home with the ball or bat. I never felt we were in the game when defending 180 because we don't have a bowler who can pick up 3-4 wickets quickly. Our bowlers all rely on bowling to a plan and setting up batsmen, they can't produce spell consisting of jaffas which can knock a side over.
Best comment. Couldn't agree with you more. Perfect example of that is the second test itself....New Zealand are 400 something for 3 and in comes Starc with a f***ed up ankle bowling 155 trying to lift his country out of a rut with something inspiring. He's a ****head but he's got the fire and the never back down attitude of a true go-getter. When he's running in, you feel like something is gonna happen. Put bracewell, southee, boult in the same situation and we've already seen what happens. Oppositions cruise over 550 and guys reach milestones. And when we actually DO end up getting them by the throat, we let the pressure off and let them running away with the game. This same pattern keeps on repeating itself. It happened in the group game against AUS when we were batting, the entire tour of england, the odi's against SA and in Aus's second innings in the second test and the entire third test match itself.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
We seriously need some pace in our attack to add an edge to it.

A bowler like Mitchell Starc would complete our bowling attack.

No more 130k trundlers please.

Last edited: