• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Had the Saffers scored 150 in the first innings, this would have been sizzling already.

**** appealing fwiw

cnerd123

likes this
The pitch seems to have eased off just a tad. Makes for interesting times, no doubt.
There we go.

FWIW it may have actually flattened out; I'm just following Cricinfo scoring for now, but this just reeks of using the easiest available narrative to fit the existing world-view. Whats more likely is that after 20+ overs of toil the spinners have gotten tired and aren't getting as many revs behind the ball as they were before.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This partnership now higher than any NZ have managed over at Adelaide.

Wonder where Pratters, artvadelay, Bahnz, Social and the other people calling this pitch 'poor' and 'unplayable' have gone.

Still so bitter at that. I want someone to just come here and admit they were wrong about this pitch goddamit.
But this game has seen 3 bad batting performances.

The Adelaide one will most likely see Australia get 400 plus

cnerd123

likes this
But this game has seen 3 bad batting performances.

The Adelaide one will most likely see Australia get 400 plus
Ignore me, I'm just really annoyed from all the nonsense earlier in the day. Don't think any cricket match has actually made me this angry before. Grrr. People are stupid.

harsh.ag

Ignore me, I'm just really annoyed from all the nonsense earlier in the day. Don't think any cricket match has actually made me this angry before. Grrr. People are stupid.
Calm down mofo and start Gambhiring the Saffers.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
This partnership now higher than any NZ have managed over at Adelaide.

Wonder where Pratters, artvadelay, Bahnz, Social and the other people calling this pitch 'poor' and 'unplayable' have gone.

Still so bitter at that. I want someone to just come here and admit they were wrong about this pitch goddamit.

Even if South Africa win without losing another wicket, the pitch will still have been a terrible one and the most blatant example of pitch doctoring in the last decade or so. I don't see why anyone has to apologize for callingg this pitch poor. That's just a fact.

cnerd123

likes this
A green, seaming pitch often gets better to bat on. That is why openers are advised to give the first hour to the bowlers. In Nottingham, the entire Australia line-up lasted just beyond that first hour. When England batted, the pitch had lost quite a bit of its initial freshness. Australia's bowlers, moreover, failed to land the ball as consistently in the channel or as consistently on the seam as Broad did. England replied with 391.

A pitch that turns from the first day only gets worse to bat on. Since it is dry at the start, with no grass on its surface, there is nothing in the pitch to prevent it from crumbling rapidly under the sun and under constant bombardment by cricket balls and feet.
Like literally a day after publishing an article that says this, Cricinfo's own commentators have reverted to the 'the pitch is flattening out' narrative.

**** cricinfo. **** these lazy ass 'experts' who don't know **** and keep spouting rubbish. Gaah.

Gnske

There we go.

FWIW it may have actually flattened out; I'm just following Cricinfo scoring for now, but this just reeks of using the easiest available narrative to fit the existing world-view. Whats more likely is that after 20+ overs of toil the spinners have gotten tired and aren't getting as many revs behind the ball as they were before.

Not even watching and you're convinced anyone who thinks differently who is watching is wrong?

Smh tbh imo, this thread got un-comfy fast.

cnerd123

likes this
Even if South Africa win without losing another wicket, the pitch will still have been a terrible one and the most blatant example of pitch doctoring in the last decade or so. I don't see why anyone has to apologize for callingg this pitch poor. That's just a fact.
Nah get out.

cnerd123

likes this
Not even watching and you're convinced anyone who thinks differently who is watching is wrong?

Smh tbh imo, this thread got un-comfy fast.
Plz I got into the debates before today's play even started. I saw the last two days. I'll catch the live play of today + highlights of what I missed when I get back home.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
You got me, I was cherry picking, it's not like Ashwin was spinning the ball past the bat, ball after ball in the first over of the second morning or anything.

Spin bowler turns ball shock horror. Is there some sort of law that states they have to wait until day 3 to start spinning it?

Van Zyl also plays his part, look at his footwork ffs.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Like literally a day after publishing an article that says this, Cricinfo's own commentators have reverted to the 'the pitch is flattening out' narrative.

**** cricinfo. **** these lazy ass 'experts' who don't know **** and keep spouting rubbish. Gaah.
Cricinfo is run by your lot.. they don't want to give credit to SA batsmen when their batsmen failed :ph34r::ph34r:

Howe_zat

Audio File
South Africa have kind of been battered but will still only lose by 100 or so runs if not less. One of the best aspects of low scoring games.
It will also highlight the fact that there is a difference between 175 all out and 75 all out, despite scores like 550/4d elsewhere in the world making people write them both off as equal failures.

harsh.ag

There we go.

Clickbait gets to all "experts" at some point