• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Ireland and England 2015 (limited overs)

91Jmay

International Coach
Been a huge fan of Taylor for years, hope he nails down a spot this series. Think he is wasted lower than 3.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Don't think Buttler should move down much but Moeen should easily be batting ahead of Stokes in the short form
Well he might still do that I suppose. I just think that with strokeplayers -- as opposed to genuine hitters, or strike-rotaters -- you pretty much have to bat them in the top three or not bother. The field is going to be back when he comes in and the ball will be older so he'll play some beautiful shots for one in amongst his usual allotment of dot balls.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well he might still do that I suppose. I just think that with strokeplayers -- as opposed to genuine hitters, or strike-rotaters -- you pretty much have to bat them in the top three or not bother. The field is going to be back when he comes in and the ball will be older so he'll play some beautiful shots for one in amongst his usual allotment of dot balls.
good point.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Roy got worried there that this innings was looking too good, so he put in the wild top edged hoick that lands safely for two. Got a reputation to uphold

Howe_zat

Audio File
**** me, that was so unnecessary after having scored off the first 4 balls of Maxwell's over. I was about to post that we were back to a singles level expected of ODI cricket.

Roy's best innings for England by miles, anyway.

91Jmay

International Coach
Roy looked class there, silly way to get out but still promising score to build on. Smith should have a bowl.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
**** me, that was so unnecessary after having scored off the first 4 balls of Maxwell's over. I was about to post that we were back to a singles level expected of ODI cricket.

Roy's best innings for England by miles, anyway.
Played really well till he had 60 or so then it was like he'd got a memo from the dressing room saying 'we play ultra aggresive these days'.

Really disappointing because he had a real chance to nail down his position for a while but gave it away. He's gonna struggle to play much better.

Guess it's what we'll have to deal with for the time being as they struggle to balance their approach of aggresive vs smart.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Ahhh Watto. Now he's not a danger to the Australian test team any longer (i.e. playing in it) I've grown to love him.

Howe_zat

Audio File
That partnership was a big stalling and we needed more from it. Think we'll look at that Roy wicket as when the chase came unstuck if we lose this - Morgan is yet to time it so it's not looking great

91Jmay

International Coach
Good innings from Taylor but didn't need to try that shot again, Watson bowled nicely though. Stokes is seriously due a score to justify batting 5. I totally understand why as he has fantastic ability and makes hundreds at domestic level. Very unproven though.