• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at Edgbaston

91Jmay

International Coach
Bit of a newb question this, but how many of the pitches in the centre square would ever actually be used in a match? I assume those at the extreme right & left would only ever be used as practice pitches?
T20 pitches. Bears used the one on the far right from this end a couple of times this season. Made bowling at McCullum difficult in that game (although we lost it to Lanky because their leg side sloggers had a tiny boundary to aim at, made games a bit of a farse tbh).

Howe_zat

Audio File
If you could define a 'good pitch' properly, as oppose to just good for the batsmen, it would be wickets like this. It has led to good cricket.

A hundred will win this game, not just be part of the scenery

91Jmay

International Coach
Not sure what pitch Holding is watching if he thinks this is slow. Is it a rapid deck? No. But because something isn't super fast doesn't mean it is automatically slow.

91Jmay

International Coach
Gillespie might not have spoken to him but someone has worked with JB his batting. Looks very different technically.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Gillespie might not have spoken to him but someone has worked with JB his batting. Looks very different technically.
He said that he felt the crouching led to him playing away from he body as he pushes out of the position. So he's making an attempt to stand higher this season.

~

Bit of luck here.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Still looked different technically. He also didn't get bowled so we will take the small victories. :ph34r:
Haha I was just making sure you hadn't missed it and then spent the last half an hour thinking Buttler was Bairstow. Would definitely explain why you thought his technique was so different if so. :p

91Jmay

International Coach
How is that harsh Botham you prick. Regulation leg side take Nevill pushed around the post for 4 byes.

Another loose over from Starc. Aus can't get a consistent long spell out of anyone here. Lead already useful now.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Such a ****ing waste of conditions. Can any **** apart from Mitchell Johnson get it in a decent spot? I'll answer my own question, yes Mitchell Marsh.