• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I sold Welbeck on mine. He had a decent enough first season, but I signed Depay which meant his playing time became really limited. Is at City now (not playing).

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Anyone had any luck with Richairo Zivkovic on FM2015? Bloke is absolutely gunning it for me.

Got him in as an understudy for Giroud, but he's actually pretty undroppable at the moment.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There seem to be a lot of high scoring games on my save also. Saw Man Utd beat Leicester 9-0 in a league game the other day.

cpr

International Coach
Anyone had any luck with Richairo Zivkovic on FM2015? Bloke is absolutely gunning it for me.

Got him in as an understudy for Giroud, but he's actually pretty undroppable at the moment.
Yep, picked him up for £10.5m, in 15/16 left him at Ajax for the rest of the season. Spent 2 years as understudy, then one year at Milan, now first choice striker, edging out the aging Rooney (19/20 season). Hit 20 in 23 in the league this year.

Anyone else ever pick up Hirving Lozano? Picked him up relatively cheap in the first season (think it was about £4-5m with addons), bloke just doesn't stop scoring for me. Use him as a Raumdeuter on the right, regularly scored off the bench, then when Mata got injured last year he grabbed his chance. Ended up flogging Mata for £23m to Juve - Fans were pissed (he was amazing TBF), but he's 31 and wasn't going to start much this year

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
What's annoying me in this game is that Falcao and RVP are still world class, and they're banging them in for United.

cpr

International Coach
Yeah Falcao took the Golden Boot in the first season here 28 IIRC. Would've cost £48m to sign then £12m in agent/signing on fees, so I passed on him. RVP took it season 2 (he'd been injured most of season 1, and 3, and 4,,,,,)

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Have 8 days that could define the season. City away, Zenit at home in the last 16 2nd leg (lost 5-4 in Russia) and then Tottenham home.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Schalke's other striker was great, too. Sand, I think? Also some guy at Atalanta whose name escapes me atm.

Also the top players weren't the real gamebreakers, but the amount of cheap, young talent. You could basically overhaul and massively improve any team overnight for next to no money. Okoronkwo cost what, 250k from Shakhtar? Team him up with Clint Hill, Duff, and West and you'd have a defence set for your entire career for like 2m. Also wasn't 01/02 the one with overpowered Greek youth or am I confusing it with another edition?
clint Hill was world class in real life in 01-02 so this doesn't surprise me

cpr

International Coach
Just lost the CL final, to Man City, on penalties.

**** this game. **** it to high heaven

cpr

International Coach
Game might've jumped the shark now, 2nd round of Euro's, just scraped out of group despite losing to France, and this happens

Screenshot 2015-07-01 00.28.27.png

Wouldn't mind but after the 5th I spent the game instructing the team to calm down and take a breather constantly....

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
In somewhat realistic fashion, I just can't beat Chelsea on this game.

Whenever they come to play me at the Emirates they just stick Matic and Ramires in front of their defence and I just can't get through.

cpr

International Coach
So not only did I choke the CL final, but for the 3rd successive year my England team choked a final WC 2018 lost in ET to France, 2019 Nations Final 4-3 to Spain, now the 2020 Euro's to Belgium 3-2 with Januzaj scoring in the 120th min, the same Januzaj who missed his penalty in the CL final.

Resigned both Utd and England in a wave of depression and self doubt, taking a year out of the game to 'find myself' and do crap puditry for sky.

Guardiola took over Utd, reunited with Messi.... who blew his cruciate in pre-season, and has announced he'll retire in October, long before he recovers.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Start the 15-16 season with a 5-1 win v Swansea and a 2-0 win v Gladbach in the CL qualifier, then get thrashed 5-1 at Old Trafford. Sums it up.

cpr

International Coach
Took a season out after my hissy fit, rejected the Bayern job the next summer as I don't like the 'play possesion football' philosophy (I'd top the possession charts with Utd but still the board whinged, so I'm presuming its a bit knackered - I'm not going for a 80% possession and win 1-0 strategy, my tactic works fine as it is)

So I've taken over at Forest instead. This could go wrong....

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The "keep possession" philosophy is a bit broken I think. With Arsenal I regularly get about 60%+ possession per game, but the board always say "Welllllll, its ok but....."

Anyway, Michael Bradley has gone from my save. Got fed up with his constant injuries/disciplinary problems.

Incoming for the new season are Saul, Hojberg, Depay and Isco.

Won the first game of the season 9-0....