• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2015

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I fell for the lad but the WI selectors can take that pair and an uppercut to the bank. Morons.
Haha yeah, it's not even like it was just a "wrong format" pick and the bloke had scored a bucketload of List A runs and was picked as a punt, as sometimes happens: his List A record is actually even worse. It was a real punt based on one reasonable (but not remarkable -- still no tons!) season amidst a shower of ****.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Remember when I was really young hearing a commentator say hawkeye is making stumps seem shorter and wider, and I think that still applies quite a lot.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I was giving it. Just get used to Hawkeye giving lbw decisions to spinners regardless of a good stride these days.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Gonna be really interesting to see which three quicks we take into the Ashes out of the four we have. Harris, Johnson, Starc and Hazelwood all have pretty big claims. Seeing they can all probably bat better than Watto nowadays anyhow...why don't we have them all? And chuck Nev in in place of Haddin also.

Warner
Rogers
Smith
Clarke
Voges
Nevill +
Johnson
Starc
Hazelwood
Harris
Lyon

Spark

Global Moderator
Gonna be really interesting to see which three quicks we take into the Ashes out of the four we have. Harris, Johnson, Starc and Hazelwood all have pretty big claims. Seeing they can all probably bat better than Watto nowadays anyhow...why don't we have them all? And chuck Nev in in place of Haddin also.

Warner
Rogers
Smith
Clarke
Voges
Nevill +
Johnson
Starc
Hazelwood
Harris
Lyon
No please.

Red

But if not, which of the three for the first test in eng?

I'd say Harris, Hazelwood and Starc are the three most likely to do the job in Eng, but would the selectors leave MJ out?

Spark

Global Moderator
But if not, which of the three for the first test in eng?

I'd say Harris, Hazelwood and Starc are the three most likely to do the job in Eng, but would the selectors leave MJ out?
No, and he deserves to stay in for the timebeing.

But seriously, advocating that we weaken the most fragile part of the team to strengthen the one part of the team which doesn't need strengthening is... not smart.

Red

No, and he deserves to stay in for the timebeing.

But seriously, advocating that we weaken the most fragile part of the team to strengthen the one part of the team which doesn't need strengthening is... not smart.
In the thread I started about losing the allrounder, I concede that people have good points about us needing a good fifth bowler. Watson contributes sweet FA with the bat most of the time, and basically never when it matters.

All of Johnson, Starc, Hazelwood and Harris are capable enough with the bat and they have shown that over time. What I'm proposing is not conventional, but I hardly think it's weakening the current team to be honest.

Spark

Global Moderator
In the thread I started about losing the allrounder, I concede that people have good points about us needing a good fifth bowler. Watson contributes sweet FA with the bat most of the time, and basically never when it matters.

All of Johnson, Starc, Hazelwood and Harris are capable enough with the bat and they have shown that over time. What I'm proposing is not conventional, but I hardly think it's weakening the current team to be honest.

I'm not even going to bother. You need to get over your Watson hatred tbh, because this is just stunningly irrational.

Last edited: