• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I really just think it became Flower Vs KP at the end.. And with it being obvious that Flower was making playing cricket less enjoyable than it should be, he decided to leave and also ensure KP was out as his final vengeance. I guess that story about the meeting and about KP misjudging what his team mates thought of Flower is not completely true. It just smacks of what happens at a work place when all your colleagues criticize your boss over the coolers and over lunch but in an important official meeting, stop just short of calling them bad, and then the one outspoken guy just states what everyone has been talking about, he gets the rap. I would assume for those in the English side who did not quite enjoy KP and his antics as well as Flower's school master regimen, this was the perfect outcome from a perfect set up.

PS: I Understand this is complete speculation but what fun are forums if you cant even speculate.. :p

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
If it was just Flower who had the problem with KP they'd have done nothing. Flower quit and the decision was made after that. Atherton's assertion that Pietersen was left with no friends willing to stand up for him sounds about right. Cook and Prior brought KP back into the fold when it would have been easier to permanently dump him after the SA home series. And yet 18 months later Cook was more than willing to dump KP. Cook may be many things ( a poor captain) but he doesn't look to me power mad or calculating. I can't see Cook as jealous of KP and getting rid of him for that reason. Whether it was the players, the captain, the coach, the execs no-one seemingly was prepared to standup for KP.

And fwiw Flower has got a lot of criticism by English fans and others as if he has done nothing but cause disaster for English cricket when in reality he's been England's most succesful coach. Yes it ended badly but rarely can you finish like Sir Alex Ferguson. Doesn't make him a bad coach with bad methods.

paulted

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Can't really complain about his batting, but to try to undermine captains and coaches betrays a terrible attitude. Its not like its a one off aberration- Gallian, Moores, Strauss, Cook, and Flower. The texting affair was totally unforgivable. Tough being me? He wants to walk a mile in other peoples shoes and count himself lucky that he does a job he loves, gets well paid for, and gets to travel the world on someone else's buck. A couple of years ago he was complaining about the workload he "endures", but was quick enough to sign up to the IPL. The words "cake" and "eating it " spring to mind.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it's just really hard for us to say either way from the outside.

It's entirely possible that Pietersen, while a better batsman than whoever will replace him, really does make the team less likely to win with him in than out of it due to how he acts. I personally think it's probably unlikely, but you do have to do what's best for the team and we don't really know what goes on in that dressing room. If England are more likely to win series without him than with him then he shouldn't be playing. I think it was a case of him being deemed worth it when he was making a lot of runs, and now not so worth it when the team is struggling a bit and he's not making many.

Of course it's also possible that the hierarchy have just used the poor performances of the team as a perfect opportunity to get rid of him because they dislike him.

It's hard to say either way IMO. Fair enough to have an opinion, but the strong stances people seem to have on it confuse me. It's something we don't really know much about either way.
Well put Pews.

KP confuses me.......honestly find it hard now to have an objective opinion on him and the situation because I've been on and off his bandwagon so many times now I'm just dizzy with it and don't know what to think any more.

I understand why they are not doing it but I just wish we had some statement from the ECB as to what went on in Australia and what was the straw that broke the camels back.........cos somethings happened. These are professionals and more importantly adults, they haven't sacked him because Cook or Flower or anyone else doesn't like him...........they have sacked him because what he brings to the team does not outway what he detracts from it.

Time will tell if we are better off for it or not.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
has matt prior even been in an england dressing room since?

Kevin Pietersen ‏@KP24 4m
Fewer Q&A's, more Sussex nets methinks, @MattPrior13! #josbuttler

paulted

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Where does Piers Morgan get off with gobbing off about this? He's K.P.'s buddy not a legend of the game. Why does anyone care about what he thinks? All that's been proven here is that K.P. has been telling Morgan about dressing room gossip. I thought that from the players point of view, the dressing room is a players only affair. Shabby......

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Got this from the cricinfo county blog. lol. Little embellishment or even lies in there. Pretty sure he doesn't average over 50 or have the highest test score as the release may imply. All seems pretty vulgar to me.

Media release

BAD BOYS
THE SAVOY, LONDON
THURSDAY 16TH OCTOBER 2014
A legal agreement between Pietersen and the England and Wales Cricket Board has prevented either parties from disclosing any details...
Fortunately, the gagging order will be lifted by Thursday 16th October! Don't miss out on the man himself KEVIN PIETERSEN MBE, spilling the beans on what really went on behind his dismissal from the England Cricket team.
KEVIN PIETERSEN - is considered one of the most dynamic players in the world and is a four-time Ashes winner. KP has the highest test score of 227, averages over 50 in test matches, and is one of the fastest ever English batsmen to reach 4000 test runs.
Platinum Table of 10 £2,200 + VAT
Pre-event complimentary drinks reception, prime positioned table, three course lunch, half a bottle of wine per guest & a quarter page advert in the souvenir programme.
Gold Table of 10 £1,800 + VAT
Three course lunch, cash bar & company logo in the souvenir programme.
Single Ticket £190 + VAT
Maximum of 4 tickets per event

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The more you read the more it's clear there were just a couple of team mates he didn't get on with. I expect those team mates to be utterly roasted at thus event. No turning back from this point clearly.