• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Big Bash League 2013/14

the big bambino

International Captain
More toilet from the thunderbox. Can't put a decent team together. Usman or Dilshan get injured or if they play they get out for zip and Hussey cant always carry them. Patterson looks raggy at this caper and Tye as a pinchy? please...Mendis has been a dodgy buy. Their roster has been a truly awful mix of guys who aren't available that often and poorly performed imports and rookies.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't think the Tye pinch hitter decision was that bad. He showed during the Ryobi that he could give the ball a whack. The issue was Daniel Hughes getting out immediately after Hussey. if Hughes was in and rotating the strike for Tye to try and smash it, it may have worked.

I would love to work with the Thunder in terms of player rotation and finding players for them. There are definitely some cricketers at different teams who could be useful, of course no idea if they would be prepared to move to Thunder.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i just don't see why you would sign to play at ****ing homebush unless it was your only option. it's just a horrible stadium

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
i just don't see why you would sign to play at ****ing homebush unless it was your only option. it's just a horrible stadium
I've never watched a Thunder home game but yeah the stadium is terrible for any event with a crowd under say 50,000.

If I was the Thunder guvner, I would retain: Khawaja, Hussey, Floros, Sandhu, Nannes, Tye, Luke Doran and probably Carters and Tremain for squad depth.

Then I would target Jimmy Pearson as my opening bat and keeper. I would also look at getting an International batting all rounder such as RTD who is available for the entire tournament.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kids not back until Wednesday in nsw, the only state which matters.

Apart from my state of arousal.

uvelocity

International Coach
I've never watched a Thunder home game but yeah the stadium is terrible for any event with a crowd under say 50,000.

If I was the Thunder guvner, I would retain: Khawaja, Hussey, Floros, Sandhu, Nannes, Tye, Luke Doran and probably Carters and Tremain for squad depth.

Then I would target Jimmy Pearson as my opening bat and keeper. I would also look at getting an International batting all rounder such as RTD who is available for the entire tournament.
v.surprised you'd not target l00ders and siddle